Organized? Close to Surgery Date

PerfectAngel
on 1/13/14 12:32 am

I have been getting organized for weeks, I guess it's a way of feeling in control.  I have purchased different types of shakes and flavors in case my taste change after surgery.  I have the list of vitamins and stood in the vitamin isle for about 45 minutes reading the back of bottles.  I decided not to purchase and wait until I see the Doctor.  

Is there a check list from any of the type "A" personalities that will help me make sure I have what I need, what should be kept near after surgery, etc.

Thank you

The_True_KayD
on 1/13/14 1:00 am

I got 5 oz plastic cups. My plan required me to drink a 4oz serving of a protein shake. I needed to drink 8 of them in one day. Each AM I took out 8 cups. The servings were small. It was an easy way to track how much I was getting in. I had chicken broth in my house too. It counts as liquid.  I was not able to start on the vitamins until Day 7. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

debk21
on 1/13/14 3:00 am - Mansfield, TX

You really won't need much (you won't be eating anything any time soon and you'll just need clears for drinking). I drank lots of Powerade Zero, Unjury chicken soup protein, jello, a few of those NASTY protein bullets and lots of water. Other than that, keep your tennis shoes & pillow close by as well as your pain meds and vitamins.

Way to plan it out! That's a great precursor to success!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

PerfectAngel
on 1/13/14 7:38 am

Thank you both, I just don't like surprises!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views