Oh my goodness... I just spilled the beans on FB!

rengirl1978
on 1/13/14 1:14 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

So I am browsing FB, and I come across this article posted by Fox News and it's about a woman who had Lap-Band and lost a ton of weight. She posted a picture of herself with her whole body fitting into one side of her old size 20 pants. A typical goal success pic for us. Well stupid a$$ FB deleted it! Saying it is "inappropriate"! What the heck?! This makes me feel so hurt and let down by FB. I love using FB. I play games, keep up with friends who live across the country and world, keep up with family that I do not get to see, share joys and sadness and pictures...I am sure most of you use FB as well! I am so disappointed, so I shared that article and told all of my peeps on FB that I, too, have had WLS and that I am enraged about this! I asked that nobody post anything rude or demeaning to me and that anyone who has questions can please ask away. And I also stated that when it is MY time, I will certainly be posting my pic of myself fitting into one leg of my biggest favorite jeans! Here's the article if anyone is interested: http://kdvr.com/2014/01/13/the-weight-loss-photo-deemed-unfit-for-facebook/

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

cajunlady1958
on 1/13/14 1:28 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Kuddos to you. We should be able to post pictures as long as they aren't nudes.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

rengirl1978
on 1/13/14 1:31 am - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Exactly! And there are SO MANY inappropriate pictures of women (and teenage girls) with their cleavage hanging out, and short shorts and just so lewd and nasty, but those pics are allowed? Ridiculous.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/14/14 2:45 am
VSG on 12/06/12

It is more complex then just her sharing the photo. She had a members page and then was using it to sell stuff which I am not 100% sure how this works but she violated TOS. I am on a support group on FB and the one who runs the page explained it much better. If I can find her explanation I will post it.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/14/14 11:11 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Here is what the woman did wrong. I copied and pasted this.

Ok, let me help you guys here since I run a page too. The article says she posted on her fan page and that her "Ad was not approved". Fan page (which is a business) is very different from a persons regular profile. She tried to "promote" her picture by paying for a Ad which is a violation to the "rules". Facebook has many for public pages in case you didn't know. Although I'm proud of her, Facebook has these rules to protect someone from stealing your 'before and afters" and "promoting" their weight loss products. Actually, about two years ago I had heard of a WLS patient that had her photos stolen and a company had and claimed she was taking their product. It's sad but Facebook is trying to keep this from happening to others. Hope this helps you all understand the difference of a Fan page.

rengirl1978
on 1/14/14 3:58 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Oh, okay. I see. I love how the media skews things up. At any rate, it prompted me to "come out of the closet" and that feels good!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views