hello new pants

Grammysgettingfit
on 1/13/14 1:40 am

Just have to post, it has been a very difficult 5 weeks, my beloved sister was diagnosed with cancer on November 16th and passed away on January 7th.  During that time I have traveled to her home in Virginia 4 times, been hospitalized for dehydration for 4 days and have been dealing with the overwhelming grief of knowing that we were going to lose her.  Had my VSG on October 23rd and I'm just now realizing what a wonderful change it is making in my life.  I have gone from a size 22 to 16.  it feels wonderful.   I promised my sister who sadly isn't going to be around to see me thinner that I would live each day to its fullest and be thankful for all that I have.  I am now ready to begin this new chapter.  I will remember all of the love and good times we shared over the years and make each day count.  17 pounds to onderland and I can't wait.........................

Taking control and getting fit     Surgery on 10/22/13

Lisa1023
on 1/13/14 1:52 am
VSG on 03/05/13

so sorry for your devastating loss.  Boy that was a quick transition from diagnosis to passing.  It must have been very advanced by the time of diagnosis. 

Keep your promise to your sister, and start (or keep) having regular health checkups of all kinds to keep up on your own health.  The earlier they detect something, the greater your chances.

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

iammommy
on 1/13/14 1:52 am

I am so, so sorry for your loss.  But I am also so inspired that you chose to take your grief for her and transform it into something positive.  What a fantastic way to honor her memory and the deep bond the two of you shared.  I'm sure she would have been so proud of you.

Laura

cappy11448
on 1/13/14 2:21 am

I am so so sorry for your loss.  How sad to lose a sister so quickly!  I lost a good friend and companion in my prison ministry last week.  I am feeling such profound sadness, and also a profound joy that I was able to walk beside her in our ministries for a few years.  Grieving is painful stuff, no matter how you look at it, it just hurts!

I'm glad you were able to start your WL Journey before she passed.  She will be watching you and appreciating your successes and challenges.  No one can take that love from you or the memories.  They are yours forever.

Blessings,

Carol. 

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

MAchick
on 1/13/14 2:50 am
VSG on 01/27/14

My sister is my best friend, so I cannot imagine losing her, and in such a short amount of time. This sounds like a wonderful way to honor her in your heart and in your life every day. Take care of yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views