Just got off phone with Dr's office

Kvp1029
on 1/31/14 3:54 am
Revision on 12/28/13

I called because my weight went from 219 to 225 in the matter of a day and it's stayed at 225 for two days.  I'm constipated and taking one prescription for it and milk of magnesia as well.  I'm close to starting my period but 6 lbs.  the nurse grilled me on exercise but I've not been doing anything.  I'm too uncomfortable.  She wanted me to stop drinking crystal light.  I can't gag the water down without it.  She told me to start exercising and call back next week.  My calories are consistently below 500 so shouldn't I be loosening weight anyway.  I planned on starting exercise at the 6 week mark and I'm at the 5 week mark now.  I'm too nauseous to work out.  Is this info from the dr really the best advice I could get? 

trinoc
on 1/31/14 4:26 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Exercise actually is one of the best things to get things moving.  Can you just go for some long walks.  Hope you feel better soon.

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Kvp1029
on 1/31/14 4:30 am
Revision on 12/28/13

I don't know if I could go on a long walk yet.  I have no energy and am constantly nauseous.  Dr wants to treat nausea with ppi.  I'm on dexillent and the one that starts with an o.  

Gwen M.
on 1/31/14 6:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Going on short walks is a great way to build up to long walks!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

emelar
on 1/31/14 4:30 am - TX

You're constipated, PMSing, and probably in the middle of a stall.  Yes, your weight can fluctuate up and hold.  Exercise is good for you (it'll help get your bowels moving!), but isn't really that big a deal on weight loss.  And crystal lite isn't doing a thing to hurt you.  You're just going to have to wait it out.  Stalls happen, weight fluctuates - stick to your plan and stay off the scale until after your cycle.

Kvp1029
on 1/31/14 4:34 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Thanks emelar.  I just needed to tell me I'm not doing anything wrong. 

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/31/14 4:40 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I haven't tried Milk of Magnesia. I take 1 generic senekote a day and stay regular. Are you on probiotics? If not, you should be. Also, you want to star****ching your sodium intake. I have no words of advice on the water situation. It should have been made abundantly clear prior to surgery that it is critical to have a minimum of 64oz of fluids daily.  I get it that you like crystal light, but if your surgeon's office says not to take it, it's for a good reason.

Did you watch the My 600 lb life about Penny the other day? Penny was sleeved and she was, all, I can't do this, I can't stand that, this makes me sick and so on. Don't box yourself in with CAN'T'S and WONT'S. You've just said in one post you CAN'T drink plain water and that you WON'T exercise because you're uncomfortable and nauseous. 

This was major surgery. Surely you knew going into this what was required of you? If not, get ahold of your NUT asap and figure out a workable solution because right now, you are in the honeymoon phase and are already having issues with the basics of water and walking. Not good.

TexasTerritory
on 1/31/14 4:56 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I think you need to follow your doctor's recommendations about exercise and water. Techniquically, plain water can't cause you to gag- it is in your mind. And walking any distance is doable~~I know because I resist exercise. Yet I am becoming addicted to walking. If nausea is a problem, take some anti-nausea meds before walking.

This process requires work and the pay off is great. You do seem to have hit a stall along with PMSing. Stick to the plan and the weight should drop. Good luck.

Kvp1029
on 1/31/14 5:31 am
Revision on 12/28/13

Turns out the milk of magnesia worked an produced a massive painful BM.  Hopped on the scale afterwards back down to 219.   My dr doesn't prescribe anti nausea pills.   I am not boxing myself into I can't do this or that just for the sake of saying them.  My Drs office is ok with crystal light says so in all my packets.  I didn't feel the nurse was really listening to my actual concerns but was going down a check list.  I've tried all over the counter aids for constipation and many scripts.  But not getting in my pre op 100oz of water is what's causing me trouble.  As far as exercising goes prior to surgery I walked on elliptical 4 dats a week and did hot yoga 5 days a week. So I'm just trying to listen to my body instead of following some generic chart.  

honeybeeme
on 1/31/14 6:39 am
VSG on 01/22/14

I recommend a tea called Smooth Moves. It doesn't cause cramping and works in a matter of hours. Comes in chocolate, peppermint, but it is all herbal, made with plant they get senecot from.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views