pills, gummies, and liquids?

carrie054
on 2/28/14 2:04 am

Thanks!  I'm okay with the chewables (trying to give those up too) so I think I don't need to try these and like them :)

Tracy D.
on 2/28/14 12:58 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Michael - I only had to do chewables for the first 6 weeks then I could take my regular pills again.  Since you're at 10 weeks out I'd think you would be safe switching to pills.  Of course, you'll only be able to handle one at a time and make sure it's ALL the way down before popping in another one (learned that the hard way).  

I agree that 28 carbs from gummies is too much and not a good use of your limited carb resources.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

71dart
on 2/28/14 1:41 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with

In my case, I've been on standard pills since 3 months post-op except sub-lingual for B12.  I always take all my vitamins and calcium citrate with food.  I agree with the expense; once I switched to all pills my vitamin cost is less than $0.50/day.

Just had my 18 month labs pulled and all is good.

Tom

TexasTerritory
on 2/28/14 1:42 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I was taking the calcium chews by bariatric advantage until I determined the number of carbs and calories~~ omg!

I have switched to Celebrate Bariatric tablets and am so much happier. The tablets are easier to take. My doctor prefers that I take Bariatric-formulated supplements due to better absorption. I order my supplements from Amazon.

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 2/28/14 4:12 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

I tried them, I really did. 3 weeks with the chocolate dissolvables.  It did not go well.  Is there an actual tablet though?

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

TexasTerritory
on 2/28/14 5:02 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Yes there are tablets! I became tired of brushing my teeth every time I chewed the calcium. Go to amazon.com and search for Celebrate Bariatric calcium. I take three tablets in the morning, three tablets after work and then three more at bedtime for a total 1500 mg a day. These are so much better than the chews!

Valerie G.
on 2/28/14 2:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was taking 12 pills a day as soon as I came home from the hospital.  It was slow at first, but in forward months, I worked up to handfuls at a time.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/28/14 3:38 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I've been taking regular pills since I was in the hospital. The biggest no-no was NSAIDS.

Having said that..the pills in capsules, like probiotics? make sure you have enough spit in your mouth or they don't go down easily. Yes, I did learn that the hard way. Also, don't try and wash the probiotics down with hot coffee  

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 2/28/14 4:03 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Does your surgeon mean only pills or also capsules?

All my prescriptions are capsules (PPI, gall stones), and my D3 and B1 are capsules.  The only actual pills I take are for BP, uric acid and anxiety.  The multi and iron are both chewables (and the multi is just god awful).  The B12 is sublingual.  

FWIW, my surgeon had no problem with me taking my "pills" starting one week after surgery.  Why surgeons are always so arbitrary on their recommendations baffles me.  I doubt you'll have any issues taking pills at this point.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/28/14 5:19 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I had my surgery a week before you, and I've been on whole pills from the start. (I'm on a bunch of psych meds, so I've got about 10 smallish ones, including my PPI and blood pressure med, to take every night.) I took them one at a time for a while, but last week I was able to start tossing back the whole handful in one swallow.

I still do gummy multi's and B12 just because it's nice to feel like I have something sweet, but my surgeon said I'm fine to do regular vitamin pills if I like. I would need to split them, though, since most of them are jumbo and I wouldn't want to get something stuck on the way down.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views