Five Months Post OP Pics/ Vics

see_saw_run
on 3/8/14 1:34 am

right? It's the best. And we all could use the support!

How are you doing on carbs on a regular basis? Have you been able to tolerate them since surgery? MMM, Greek yogurt with any fruit is delicious! I actually have started using my magic bullet for greek yogurt, fruit and green smoothies, and it is wonderful! this morning I did pineapple, spinach, and greek yogurt… such a nice change from the protein drinks i usually have every morning. 

Stacy_WLS
on 3/8/14 1:38 am

I was staying under 50 / day.  I met w/ my Nut on Monday and she wants me to get up to 100 / day.  I have been getting 60-75 since then.  I haven't tried bread, rice, or potatoes, but I haven't had any issues w/ fruits, veggies or beans, so that is where I am getting them from.  

Your smoothie sounds delicious.  I have been having Chike protein shakes every morning.  They taste like latte's so I think I am having a bit of a treat.  I blend it w/ Spinach too so I can get a bit of extra veggie.  

Are you thinking about going to the Obesity Help Conference in August?

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

see_saw_run
on 3/8/14 1:52 am

You're doing great then!! Bread, rice and potatoes will always be my nemesis. I was a carb obsessor pre op. I'm a restaurant manager, so staying away from pasta is the hardest for me. 

The Chicke IS delicious. And I love my coffee, so its nice to have that flavor a little guilt free! And spinach is such a nice mix in for the extra boost.

I actually just looked up the conference. I moved out of LA a few months ago, but it's still within driving distance. So absolutely I'll be there with bells on. You?

Stacy_WLS
on 3/8/14 2:01 am

I just booked my travel yesterday.  I wont know anyone other than from chatting on the boards, so I am a bit nervous.  I'm sure it will be a blast!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

edelu
on 3/8/14 5:32 am - los angeles, CA

1000 calories at 6'2 does not seem high to me.  6'2 and working out certainly not.  I hope some of the tall girls weigh in on this because it is a different world. That's a lot of body to keep fueled especially coming up to the six month mark. 

Let me also say it is not mandatory that weightloss will slow down at six months, mine accelerated at almost a year.  My thinking on this is that my body was working harder since I had built muscle over the first year.  Anyhow I'm glad your posting it will be helpful for you.

Another thing it is really helpful to log your food truthfully.  Because what seems like one number in your head looks like another in black and white on your screen.  that was a valuable lesson.

Good luck

see_saw_run
on 3/9/14 11:26 am

thank you so much for all your insight and responses. 

and yes, logging my food truthfully has been a big thing for me. now, after 130 days on MFP, i freak out if I incorrectly log a portion size, so on and so forth. I hope I have the luck you do with the loss up to a year! 

FindingMyWeigh
on 3/8/14 1:51 am
VSG on 10/30/13

88 in 5 months..that's amazing! Well done!!

see_saw_run
on 3/8/14 1:52 am

Thanks so much!

trinoc
on 3/8/14 5:17 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

You look amazing!  And ask me how jealous I am of your height?!?!  I'm sure you have things about it you hate but wowza...long legged beauty for sure!

I'm only 7 weeks out so have no advice on where you should be but it looks like some people have stepped up and given you some good "food" for thought.  :-)

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

see_saw_run
on 3/9/14 11:26 am

thank you! hahaha i'd happily trade that height. it is still so hard to find pants!

thanks again and good luck to you! how is your experience so far?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views