Almost 18 months update and pics

ravenbrown
on 3/24/14 11:52 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

So, I'll be 18 months out in less than two weeks.  I'm maintaining pretty well since I hit goal a little more than 9 months ago.  I put on some weight through the holidays and all the birthday mayhem in January and February, but it's coming off quite easily.  And I was still thinner than I'd ever been before even with the weight gain.  It's kind of amazing.  This whole journey has been such a head trip.  I've always been pretty introverted, but with my theatrical bent, I can be quite loud and "life of the party" if in the right mood.  I don't think I could have ever been described as friendly.  All that has changed.  I no longer have a chip on my shoulder, I'm not worried about why some guy wants to talk to me or some woman is asking my opinion in a store, I have almost overwhelming confidence.  It's heady and borderline arrogant.  It feels fantastic, though, after a life time of being so hard on myself and being so paranoid about people's motives.  I'm full of sunshine, although I'm still sarcastic and snarky (that's just me).  In the past month or so, I've been experiencing some very interesting things with my husband.  Who knew after 8 years, we could still surprise each other.  Our relationship is fantastic in every way, and it just keeps getting better. 

I'm going to be getting some plastics done at the end of April.  I'm having a TT and BA/BL.  I will most likely go back in a few months have groin incision thigh lift.  The plastics consults were actually quite fun if you like being totally naked in front of strangers while they tug at your skin.  Hahaha.  The doctors actually made me feel really good about myself and my weight loss.  Both said I didn't look like I'd lost as much weight as I have, that I just look like someone who gained too much weight with pregnancy.  I'm taking that as a high compliment.  I did love hearing multiple exclamations of how tiny my waist is.  What girl doesn't want to hear that?  I'm not looking forward to the surgeries or the recovery, but I am looking forward to having boobs & a flat tummy.  I'm looking forward to finally rocking a bikini and not be afraid my shirt is going to ride up while I'm doing exercises and expose my excess tummy skin. 

I've been doing the Whole 30 for the past two weeks primarily because I wanted to be forced to cook more for my family, and I was curious if I could heal my eczema without the horrid steroidal creams I have.  The only thing I'd never given up that I haven't had for two weeks is dairy.  It's rather unfortunate that in the two weeks I've been without dairy, that all of my skin conditions have cleared.  It's nice, though, because I don't crave anything (which isn't related to dairy, but related to actually not eating any type of sweetener - real or artificial). 

Anyways, I don't post much anymore (same story as everyone else - out living my life, yadda yadda yadda), but if you have any questions or need support, always feel free to reach out to me.  I've gotten so much support through my journey, that I love giving back.  In fact, I actually met my soul sister because of this site (I love you, Summer!).  So, reach out, don't be shy.  We're all in this together :)

Before

photo IMG_0313.jpg

Last April

photo 070_20130427_BROWN.jpg

Current

photo 055_20131019_BROWN.jpg

civilmomma
on 3/25/14 12:05 am
VSG on 03/07/14

amazing transformation!  I hope your plastics go well too!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

ravenbrown
on 3/25/14 12:44 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you!

Imakitekat
on 3/25/14 12:08 am - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Hi Deena,

You look gorgeous as always, with or without the weight you are truly beautiful inside and out! I am so happy your life is going so well. OMG I love those boots! I am sooo jealous :) I miss all your posts but understand you are busy living life and you so deserve any happiness that comes your way. I hope someday we can meet. I am going to plan on going to the obesity help conference next year. I hope by then I will be completly at goal!

hugs and smiles:)

Lisa

ravenbrown
on 3/25/14 12:46 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Aww, thanks, Lisa!  You will for sure be at goal.  You're doing so amazing!  I hope we meet someday too!  You're just a joy :)

Scott S.
on 3/25/14 12:15 am - TX

Amazing! Great inspiration for those of us under a year out!  Keep up the great work and keep usposted on how the plastics go!

Scott

VSG: 8/8/13 

ravenbrown
on 3/25/14 12:46 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Will do!  Thanks!

Kelly Jean
on 3/25/14 12:26 am
VSG on 04/08/14

omg you look AMAZING !!!!! WHAT AN INSPIRATION !!! Im hoping my surgery will be April 1st ..im still waiting on the ok.... I will deffinatley take you up on the ...ask me any questions " Thank you!!!

ravenbrown
on 3/25/14 12:47 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Any time!  Seriously.  It's such an amazing journey, and there are lots of peaks and valleys, but we can all get through it together. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 3/25/14 12:41 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Beautiful!!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views