2 day post op

Jazloseit
on 5/4/14 9:09 pm

For any of you with guidance, become my friend! I don't think I'm as strong as most of you on here and I have a good support system but for a community to tell you to keep pushing would be amazing! 

Im drinking my liquids! Holding a pillow to my stomach so my chihuahua won't hurt my incisions and reading all these amazing stories!

I have no medical history, thank god. Just being overweight. My highest, a week before surgery was 246. Day of surgery I was 228 and I haven't weighed myself since. 

I miss food...I feel like it will be until forever till I have a good burger or fettuccini Alfredo on a cheat day, ya know? But for now I'm just trying to be careful because I really don't want to upset my stomach.

How did any of you deal with all of this mumbojambo in your heads? Or is it only mine? lol

shorty71
on 5/5/14 3:18 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

Just know it gets better. The first two weeks for me were the toughest. I just wanted to eat real food!  Just know it will be better. I'm inly 5 weeks post op myself so I'm not at my new 100% meaning I still only eat very little but you know what? It's enough and I'm satisfied. Still learning what my sleeve likes and doesn't like but overall it's been great. I love being sleeved :)

Jazloseit
on 5/5/14 4:26 am

Omg that's so exciting! How's the 5 week doing? 

And thank you you're right! :)

shorty71
on 5/5/14 4:50 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

I'm doing great. Have been having just a n issue recently with maybe certain meets not agreeing with my or it could be I'm eating too much. Still trying to figure it out. Can't do scrambled eggs with cheese. And salmon is a little too heavy for me. White fish like cod or tilapia I do great with. I made meatballs with grass fed beef (really tender) and that went great.   I can do egg salad or one egg scrambled plain ( just no cheese). One egg scrambles alone is 2 ounces. 

Jazloseit
on 5/5/14 7:54 am

I'm glad you're doing well! 

The cheese part kinda sucks (I love cheese) but hopefully sooner or later you will enjoy it again! 

I totally forgot that..do you weigh all your food regularly? How much are we allowed to have inside? 

I know for me know it's 4oz every hour but I'm sure little by little it gets bigger to allow actual food!

jujubslim
on 5/5/14 3:24 am
VSG on 03/17/14

These first few weeks are such a short time compared to the whole process. You're feeling miserable now but just remember each day is better than the one before. As you transition to different food stages you'll feel better and better till you're back to your new normal. I'm only 7 weeks out and those first few weeks feel like such a distant memory. Just remember it's temporary.

Jazloseit
on 5/5/14 4:25 am

You're so right! It will get better I just need to give it time! Thank you so much!

Gwen M.
on 5/5/14 7:01 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You are normal and I highly recommend that you seek out a therapist to help you learn new coping skills.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 178 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views