Seroma after VSG

changestocome
on 5/9/14 2:05 am

Wondering if anyone else had experienced this. One of my incisions did not heal properly. Woke up Tuesday morning to major drainage from one incision. Went to the surgeons office where they removed all of my staples, but I have quite a deep hole opening. They have placed me on a strong antibotic and I am having to clean and pack this hole twice a day with gauze.  Also, the incision where they removed the stomach seems to have formed a large scab which has loosen and beginning to fall off. But, when I use peroxide it bubbles quite a lot. The doctors office said that everything is okay. The are saying that it's going to take a 3 to 4 additional weeks for these places to heal. Has anyone else had this, or heard of this?

I feel fine. Actually, I feel great. I'm just stressing over these open holes in my belly.

Surgery Date: April 24, 2014 HW: 276 CW: 226 - 2 months out 50lbs down    

BadaBing
on 5/9/14 3:03 am - NJ

Sorry you have to go through that but I think as long as you're feeling great! just keep nursing them so they don't get infected and they will close up. And if they bother you that much, you can always go to the emergency room and get checked out. Just keep an eye on them and make sure they don't get worse. Good Luck!

Gwen M.
on 5/9/14 5:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Did your doctor instruct you to use peroxide to clean the wound?  I've been reading a lot of things recently which say peroxide actually retards healing.  So it might not be the best option for wound cleaning as we were all led to believe in our youth.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

changestocome
on 5/9/14 6:11 am

I questioned the peroxide use as well, so have others that I work with. But, the nurse in the office said use peroxide and she even used it in the office when she was cleaning the opening.  It's almost like your da**ed if you do and your da**ed if you don't. LOL

Surgery Date: April 24, 2014 HW: 276 CW: 226 - 2 months out 50lbs down    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views