Get drain out tomorrow!!!

Crazzzykay
on 5/14/14 4:28 am
VSG on 05/05/14

I'm so excited to get my staples and drain out tomorrow. The staples haven't bothered me that much but the drain has been driving me crazy. Not to mention I apparently have an allergy or sensitivity to the medical tape. My stomach is covered in red patches that burn or itch. On a happy note I should be able to start pureed foods tomorrow and I can't wait. I am so sick of only liquids. Also, while I was able to drink my protein shakes pretty well the last couple days have been hard. I don't like sweets at all and I'm sick of sweet shakes,pudding, jello, popsicles etc. I need other ways to get protein in that don't require sweet shakes or adding powder to sweet type foods. If any one has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. 

Gwen M.
on 5/14/14 4:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Here's a list of the foods I ate during my pureed stage.  I found that I was much happier with my protein shakes when they were supplementing tasty foods!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Newgirl32714
on 5/14/14 5:13 am

First congrats on getting the drain removed.  After a full week of trying to be so careful with it. I was shocked at how long it was. As far as the protein goes I didn't like the sweet thing either. My nutritionist told me to mix a scoop of isopure unflavored protein with cold water until smooth and then add that to pureed soup or decaf coffee. Trader Joes low fat Latin black bean soup was a life saver. 

Most Active