Pre op and post op nutrition question

Amy M.
on 5/15/14 3:49 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Hi all.  I had my consultation on the 8th and I'm starting to measure and log everything I eat. I use my fitness pal as well as a food diary that I can bring to my appointments and I've been doing really good a****ching my calories. 

The only problem I'm having is I have no idea what my daily intake of other nutrients should be. My nut told me about what to look for per serving post op but I'm really much better at tracking daily goals. Can anyone give me advice about what my daily goal should be for fat, carbs, fiber, protein, and sugar for pre op as well as post op? I'm looking at right now as well not just the pre op liquid diet. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/14 4:08 am - Canada

Each program is different which makes it hard to give you a definitive answer. Can you take the info she gave you per serving and do the math to make it into a whole day?

On average I think the numbers are 80+ grams of protein, under 60 grams of carbs, around 800-1000 calories.  Your recommended diet might be higher or lower so this is just an average of what I hear around here :)

Stacy_WLS
on 5/15/14 7:36 am

If you are doing a prop diet you might need to keep calories that low, but for me, I struggled extremely hard going that low and could only do it with the impending surgery.  Myfitnesspal will offer suggested calories, carbs, fat and protein amounts depending on. Your height, activity level and goals.  I'd recommend using that until you can get an answer from your nutritionist,  

good luck!  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Amy M.
on 5/15/14 11:13 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

Thank you for your responses. I'll just continue to track my progress and shoot for a higher protein total than carb total. 

Most Active