6 weeks out and so tired.... Morning med issues.....

Twinsinsept.
on 6/15/14 12:49 pm
VSG on 05/06/14

It's like it just hit me this weekend. I sleep fine at night-8-8.5 hours. I'm so tired in the morning and need a nap by 12 or 1.  I'm a little concerned because I haven't been very good about taking my meds since surgery. I take synthroid, Prozac, a med for my rheumatoid arthritis, and my supplements. I haven't taken my thiamine in 2 weeks and my multivitamin in 2 weeks. Still taking the calcium and iron. I try to take my Prozac most days, but I'll admit it's only been 1 capsule instead of 2. Mentally/emotionally I feel ok. Not great, but not sad or depressed. I do realize I need to take these meds, but I have a hard time in the morning. I'm hungry, but I can't drink after I eat, and eating is a priority when I wake up, so I often toss my pills in my purse to take at work, then I get busy and forget. 

Today I refilled my med organizer and am vowing to take them all, every day this week. What do you think is the culprit, the vitamins or the meds?  

Thanks for listening. I haven't told anyone in real life and I'm a little embarrassed that I've let something so important go. 

Thanks. 

HW: 345. CW 272

Kelly Jean
on 6/15/14 1:03 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Your meds and Vits are extremely important. ..do what ever you have to to get them in..

It could be the Vits  or the combo of both... you really need those Vits 2 weeks not good .... wake up a bit earlier if u have to but get them in.... The pill box idea is great .... best of luck...let us know how it goods!!! :-)

-♡Kelly

skeller
on 6/15/14 1:23 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

Well, not that I don't hope you'll get back on track with meds and vitamins, but you and I are on the same timeline, and I'm still needing naps every other day or so. Try to stay with it--the longer you can remain vigilant and on plan, the more successful you will be in the end, and I'm hoping for lots and lots of success for you!

DOB 1958, HT 5'4" . . . HW 310, SW 281, CW 184.3

M1 -25, M2 -7, M3 -11.9, M4 -7.6, M5 -11.8, M6 -9.6, M7 -1.7, M8 -10, M9 -5, M10 -5

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/14 3:36 pm

Vitamins are so, so important!

Going to put this out there so you are aware. B1 (Thiamine) deficiency is very dangerous. Should you get too low in B1 you can suffer major nerve and/or heart damage that can be IRREVERSIBLE. Look up the symptoms and consequences of B1 deficiency. That should scare you into never missing a dose again!

Go here:B1 deficiency

pineview01
on 6/15/14 4:20 pm - Davison, MI

Also remember to take your Calcium at least 2 hours before or after the iron.  If not you will not get your iron as the calcium knocks it out.  Calcium works best when taken with D3.  Iron works best in an acid environment so take with Vit C.  Remembering to wait 2 hours in between.  Also the interest said it is very important to take any meds like prozac regularly for the first year than re-evaluate.

It is so important to stay on top of this. 

TexasTerritory
on 6/15/14 8:11 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I know that skipping your meds is very dangerous for your system. Your should consider discontinuing your meds ONLY under medical supervision.

I take meds for clinical depression. I take my first set of meds first thing in the morning then I eat breakfast. I take my second round of meds before I eat dinner. Also, I use a pill box organizer.

I must make my meds a priority because I must be functional for myself and family. Good luck.

gdesshill
on 6/15/14 8:37 pm
RNY on 01/10/14

Here's a suggestion: I had a hard time remembering to take my meds in the afternoon. I set an alarm on my cell phone to remind me to take then. Then I had no excuse. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

ataglimpse
on 6/15/14 9:59 pm
VSG on 04/09/14

Your vitamins and meds are extremely important.  You can cause irreversible damage if you don't keep up with them. You should read about the permanent effects of not taking them.  It will alarm you into taking them.  So Please, please do what ever it takes to get them in.  I get my multivitamin and calcium from Bariatric Advantage. They have yummy chewable options that make it easy.  I get my B1 from my surgeon...it is tiny and easy to get down.  Start today

Sandy M.
on 6/16/14 2:01 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Supplements are so important for us; because we can't get them in the food we eat (we can't eat enough healthy food in volume and still get our protein needs met), it's easy to become deficient.  

A couple of supplements that help with energy are B12 and Vitamin D.  You can also get some natural Vit. D by getting outside and walking every day.  Exercise will also help you with your energy levels - sounds counter intuitive, but it's true.  

And remember, you just had major surgery 6 weeks ago.  It's normal and expected to still be a little tired - you're adjusting to a whole new lifestyle!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views