X-post: Sensitive subject

Tracy D.
on 6/16/14 4:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

OK - I've been at goal weight since the end of December and after recently doing a 10-week boot camp I've toned up and lost some more body fat.  As a result, my panni is hanging even lower these days.  Not low enough to qualify for surgery and I'm not getting any sores, although I have to clean my belly button carefully or it gets a disgusting smell because of the folded over skin, ick.  Here's my issue and I apologize if it's TMI for some of you but I've never come across this on these boards yet: 

When I sit down to use the toilet my panni pushes down on my mons and all that extra pressure is partially pinching off my urethra because peeing is an issue these days!  Seriously, in order to get a good stream going and fully empty my bladder I have to physically lift up my panni and pull up on my mons to pee!  Did anyone else have this problem?    

I'm going to report this to my doctor at my appointment next month.  Do you think if I keep reporting it as an issue that my insurance might consider paying for at least a panni?   Or will they just say, "keep on pulling up that gut honey?"  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mickeymantle
on 6/16/14 4:26 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

plastic surgeon told me that they will not pay for a tummy tuck but that they will for medical necessity pay a general surgeon to remove the extra skin from the panni  , they will not  work on the muscles

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 6/16/14 4:28 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Getting them to pay for a panni is better than nothing!  Will make sure the office gets this documented.  I think BCBS requires at least 6 months of documented problems before even considering it.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Ms Shell
on 6/16/14 4:37 am - Hawthorne, CA

I always say research your policy, do whatever is required and let them tell you no.

I didn't have that issue but I can certainly see it, so they should do...document, document document!!

Tracy D.
on 6/16/14 4:45 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Thank you! 

trinoc
on 6/16/14 6:30 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Oh, I agree with your game plan.  Documentation might just get it done for you.  And it's possible that as you go into summer the sores or yeast could start up...get those documented too!  Good luck. 

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Kathy8429
on 6/16/14 6:44 am

Tracy, they will totally pay if it's shutting off your urine stream. I'm not sure they would even make you wait 6 months. Not emptying your bladder (residual urine) puts you at a very high risk of uti

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views