not feeling restriction 4 weeks out

kdmox
on 8/5/14 9:33 am - Baltimore, MD

Thank you all so much.the support on this site is amazing

feels_so_good
on 8/5/14 11:36 am
VSG on 05/20/14

I didn't have any restriction either, was worried when I moved to dense protein (that I chewed well) and still didn't feel any restriction week 4-5. About week 6 or 7 I finally started to feel some restriction and depending on the day/meal it is getting stronger as time passes. I could eat an egg at 4 weeks out as easily as I could pre op (including some cheese). This morning I tried 2 egg, 1.5 is my limit. Had I tried eating 2 eggs back in week 4, I'm guessing I could have stuffed them in w/o incident due to the lack of nerves/feeling. We all heal at different rates.

5'10" Male : Consult Weight 428 1/16/14 : Pre-op m1 -3, m2 -12, m3 0, m4 -27 : SW 386 : m1 -25, m2 -22 m3 -15 4 -12: LW 278 CW 320 : Total Loss 108

Lemily
on 8/6/14 2:41 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I was worried at first as well because i felt no restriction, which is why measuring is so important. I think maybe at 3 months i really felt it. I still measure everything that I put on my plate for all meals. Because you are eating so little at a time, you very well could be hungry in 2-3 hours. I was told to try and eat at least something every 3 hours anyway, but closer to the 3 hour mark. Managing head hunger can be very difficult in the beginning. When i "thought" I "should" be hungry i would first have a glass of water and walk away from the kitchen or anywhere i could possibly get food from for about 15 minutes. If i was still hungry I would go have a little protein. Just make sure you are measuring. The undereating now also comes into play later on when you can eat more and need to implement these good practices of not overeating. You are learning how to be fine with satisfied. And - more importantly, take your time eating. An ounce of food should still take you about 10 minutes to eat, and a "meal" of 3-4 ounces should take you like 1/2 an hour to eat.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views