Toning, Exercising and Appetite

Donna3397
on 8/15/14 5:21 am
VSG on 12/18/13

I am curious.  It seems like since I have started toning my body with weights, my appetite has increased.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I do my Turbo Jam exercise video every morning at 5:00 a.m. and I do squats and lifts - 2 sets of 30 one in the morning and one before bed Monday thru Friday.  Saturday and Sunday are my days to relax.  At about 3:00 p.m. I want to eat everything in sight.  I eat two (2) turkey sausages patties for breakfast; at 10:00 a.m. I drink 10 ounces of my protein shake; at noon I eat fish or chicken; at 2 I drink the other 10 ounces of my protein shake; at 6 I eat dinner.  I drink my fluids in between my meals.  Am 
I doing something wrong?  Any advice is well appreciated.

Stacy_WLS
on 8/15/14 5:36 am

Appetite does come back -- hard cardio can increase it.  

I would just keep focusing on protein and water.  If you need some volume adding in more veggies is good.  If you are sweating a lot you may need to add more salt.  I do find that exercise can become and excuse in our heads to eat more.  We need to keep it in check b/c you don't want to eat up all that hard work.  

Good job w/ the exercise!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Atlanta_Forever
on 8/15/14 6:53 am
VSG on 03/17/14

I agree with Stacy's post. The days that I have a high intensity workout, my appetite does seem above the norm. I usually have an extra serving of protein which helps a lot. (Within my calorie goal) 

I also notice that at times the feeling isn't hunger, but thirst.

LoveDove24
on 8/15/14 1:35 pm

OMG!!!! I thought this was only happening to me.  I walk 4 miles a day and now I'm training to run those 4 miles instead of walking.  It feels like me appetite has gone through the roof!!!! I will concentrate on adding more protein and water.  This post has helped me immensely!!!  Good luck with your exercise!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views