can't stop eating - pre op

hhamm
on 8/16/14 11:05 am - MI

I don't have a surgery date yet.  insurance approved.  everything done except meeting with surgeon.  I know if I don't lose weight before my meeting I will be told no surgery.  What is wrong with me?  I've been exercising but eating more and can't get control.  just mad at myself thanks for listening.

kellyomama
on 8/16/14 11:46 am

I totally feel for you. I blew my first 3 days of the liqud diet and cheated all 3 days. Each day it got worse. It was almost like my mind was trying to trick me into failure. Maybe I was subconsciously scared to give it all up, not really sure. I posted my meltdown on here and experienced an overwhelming outpouring of support. It really helped to get my mind in the right place. I read and reread it every day. 

Just know that you aren't alone. Decide what your plan of attack will br snd make it a checklist. Just go moment by moment, second by second if you have to. Each time you chose to eat the right thing, you have succeeded. Try to give up the self defeatist thoughts. Got to get that brain focused, and your eye on the prize. Those were some pieces of advice that really helped to hear. I know how mind boggling it is to be self sabotaging when the d's is something you have worked so hard for. I truly do. I wish you all the best, you've got this!

Kelly

Ps- my post was called " I confess that I suck" if you're interested in reading. It may have some words of advice that will ring true for you, too.

hhamm
on 8/16/14 11:59 am - MI

Thank you for your support Kelly

Capegin
on 8/16/14 10:40 pm

You aren't alone!  It's totally normal!  I went through the same thing while I was waiting for my surgery date!!  Try to reach out for help!  Have you met with a therapist and a nutritionist?  For me, meeting with each of them again helped me reset my brain and have a plan to follow.  DON'T beat yourself up!  That only leads to a vicious cycle of more eating.  Tracking also helps me.  When I'm good about using My Fitness Pal (app and website) to track what I eat, I make far better choices because I don't want to have to write down the bad ones. You can do this!!!

hhamm
on 8/17/14 4:01 am - MI

Thank you capegin

Gwen M.
on 8/18/14 8:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you met with a nutritionist?  That might help?  It also might help to check out an Overeater's Anonymous group or to see a therapist to help figure out your brain.  Good luck!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

tracywag
on 8/22/14 2:14 pm

What are you trying to do to lose weight?  I'm sure you've done diets forever, we all have.  It has been interesting for me since meeting with the nutritionist is some small changes that really have helped.  Protein first and not drinking while eating have had the biggest impacts for me.  It is terrible to feel hungry, deprived and scared at the same time.  I wish you well.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views