Buyer's Remorse?

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 3:22 am

It has been almost 3 weeks since my surgery and am feeling a little blue. I do not regret the surgery and am doing well so far. I am not sure what is causing this. I am never hungry and seem I spend so much time thinking of when to eat, when to drink, got to wait before I drink or after I eat. Seems I focus all my day on food or drink. I know this will get better once I go back to work and start my usual routine. Does anyone else have these feelings? Curious? 

wyo_sarah
on 8/17/14 3:28 am

I'm almost 3 weeks out too and pretty miserable. I'm weak and dizzy a lot.  The doc thinks I'm dehydrated. I want to eat real food but I can't.  I assume it will get  better.

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 3:43 am

The thing is I am on second stage soft foods. I eat meat,fruit,fish,eggs , but only in small amounts. Water intake is fine also. I am just tired of having to think of eating and drinking ALL the time. Hope it get's better for you and am sure it will.

Amy M.
on 8/17/14 3:40 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I'm also about 3 weeks out.  I'm also kind of miserable eating the same mushy stuff over and over and I'm so SICK of protein shakes.  I just keep thinking that in a couple weeks I'll be able to eat more "normal" foods and get back to work.  It'll pass, just stay positive.

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 3:52 am

Thanks Amy,I find that seasoning my food with different things has helped. I have not drank a protein shake in about a week and get all my protein from my food. Old Bay seasoning has been my savior this last week. I got some turkey lunch meat and sprinkle some on a few pieces for a meal. Also put this on chicken as well. I have gotten pretty good at weighing and judging what 2oz of meat is.I have an egg with peppers and onions for breakfast and this is satisfying. There are so many different diets that people need to follow post op , but I find my plan is working for me.

happyteacher
on 8/17/14 3:44 am

Yes, I remember the first two weeks in particular I was consumed with focusing on getting my habits and routines down.  It absolutely becomes second nature after a while, so no worries. Also, the weight loss releases a lot of hormones and this can cause a bit of an emotional ride... this too gets better. Hang in there! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Amber G.
on 8/17/14 3:51 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Congrats on your surgery! The 1st month is definitely rough! I think we all experienced it. With recovery, and all the huge mental and physical changes, it can be over whelming. In my first month I experienced dehydration, etc and had to go to the ER. But I can for sure tell you this, it will totally pass :) In another couple weeks, you will get much more used to the changes, and will have adjusted much more. Just know its temporary, and will be just a distant memory very soon! 

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 3:58 am

Thanks for all the feedback. I know this will get easier the further out I get but have not felt thid way in a long time. I have lost a total of 105 lbs. so far (80 before surgery and 25 after). I can't tell you how AWESOME I felt before the surgery. Just weird for now.

TexasTerritory
on 8/17/14 3:54 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Initially, I remember being obsessed with food and water and supplements. It is part of learning new habits. Now, my focus is on other tasks. It does get better.

Bob-47
on 8/17/14 6:29 am

Thanks.Feeling better with all the feedback.