I just found a new tool: NutritionData! This is sooo cool and a very helpful tool!

SleevieWonder
on 9/7/14 7:46 am

It's soooo cool I just had to share!!

This looks very confusing but it's not, it's just many different ways to view the nutrition data on a label for any (most?) foods so that we, the consumers, can make the best choices for ourselves!  I am a visual learner and I find the colorful charts the most appealing and quickest way to identify (once you know what to look for) healthy food choices.

To simplify the whole thing, here's the HELP page (see the link below).  Simply choose from all the different ways to view the nutritional data, the easiet one for you to "read" learn how to do it (this one time) Once you've learned it, it is a quick, painless and VERY helpful tool!  

http://nutritiondata.self.com/help/analysis-help#if-rating

So... for example, I've looked up the different types of salmon and found that the wild-caught was MUCH healthier and why!  Now that's my preferred type to buy which equals a healthier me!  (And to think I used to not even try fish because of how it smelled)

Best regards for happy, healthy eating!  

G5x5
on 9/7/14 9:40 am - VA

It used to be a great site before Self magazine took it over.   Right now it's not very up to date on foods and is a bit klunky trying to store your foods.

Back in the day though it was nearly perfect.  The charts it created were awesome and would still be if the site worked better.  I also liked the feature where it suggested foods to improve your choices to increase whichever vitamin or mineral you needed to boost.

i wish myfitnesspal would incorporate the same tools.  That would be awesome.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

SleevieWonder
on 9/11/14 1:27 am

wish i had found this a long time ago then!  having it as a part of myp would be awesome!!  maybe you should suggest it!!!  (and maybe even get some kind of credit for it!?)

Thanks and good luck!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views