Day before surgery thoughts...

TexasPrincess08
on 9/13/14 11:46 pm
VSG on 09/15/14

So my surgery is tomorrow and I can't truly put into words what I am feeling. I am feeling extremely happy that I have decided to go down this path at the same time I am nervous since it is my first surgery and I am getting 3 procedures done at once I am getting my sleeve, my hernia fixed and hopefully my gallbladder taken out. I don't know what to expect and that kind of scares me, but not enough to change my mind. In the end I know it will be worth it. I guess I am also stressed out about going back to work afterwards because I feel as though I am going to have needs that single me out and people at my job tend to be pretty immature for there age and would take offense or just think I'm getting special treatment. I work retail and it sucks so glad I'll be gone for 2 weeks. Thanks for reading my rant I look forward to doing my morning of surgery post and my first post that I have been sleeved. Ready to join the losers bench!!

Nicki08
on 9/14/14 12:30 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Hello, I am also having surgery tomorrow, its also my first surgery...I am nervous, and just want it over with, even though the journey will just be starting, at least the surgery part will be over....good luck to you and I'll see you back here soon...

Dreamingofbeaches
on 9/14/14 1:55 am
with

I got my sleeve on July 1st. It was my first surgery also.  It isn't as scary as you think, truly. Just concentrate on you end goal. It is over quick and you will have good pain meds.  My nausea was far worse than any pain. Pain was completely under control. Just tell them how you are feeling because they can switch stuff up (meds) to find what works for you if something isn't feeling right. Remember to take tiny sips very slow. If the sips bother you at all try different temperatures. I found room temperature tea worked best for me. Good luck guys!  All will go good and you will be on your new journey before you know it!!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

mickeymantle
on 9/14/14 2:45 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

try to stop thinking about it and relax it is the best thing you can do for yourself

if you have a good surgeon all will go great , a few days of disconfert  and then a great new life 

try to do something today to keep busy , go shopping for new cloths , spend the day in bed with you hubby or boyfriend

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Kinde
on 9/14/14 3:05 am

Having mine tomorrow as well and I understand all that you are feeling.  I am excited for the after but nervous about the procedure.  I keep worrying what if I am the first person this surgery will not work on...haha! Good luck tomorrow!

TexasPrincess08
on 9/14/14 10:08 am
VSG on 09/15/14

I did work today even though I didn't want to. Thanks for all the encouraging words. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views