Cold Feet are normal.....right?

Marie S.
on 9/25/14 1:50 am - Brewer, ME
VSG on 10/31/14

No surgery date yet, but should be by the end of the year.  Have had cold feet in the past and backed out.  But for my health...this is what I need and want to do.  Those who have had surgery - did you have cold feet?  Thanks so much.  So happy you are all here to go through this journey with me!

Marie Downing

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me!

TruemansMom
on 9/25/14 2:09 am
VSG on 06/24/13

I don't know how normal it is (unless you mean your feet are cold-mine are) But I had cold feet 6 1/2 years ago and cancelled my surgery 3 weeks before I was due to have a RNY. Last year when it was impossible to deny I would never be a normal body weight again or healthy without serious intervention I started looking at WLS again. I never had cold feet this time. I wanted the VSG so bad I did whatever they asked. It was way easier second time around to go thru the presurgery testing/approval process and I have not looked back. I like the idea of the VSG vs the RNY and have been most happy with it. Well, except for the return of the GERD. not so happy with that.

You have to WANT it! It is not easy to live with. And the learning curve post surgery can be apinful but the end goal is everyting. Changing the relationship we have with food is so very important to our bodies health.

Best of luck.

Jan D.  5'-8", highest wt 231, surgery wt 213

tstowe
on 9/25/14 2:13 am

Not really... But I've wanted to have the surgery for four or five years. My wife did a little but we are both SOOOOO glad we did it.

Ellie333
on 9/25/14 2:20 am - Canada

Hi Marie, I have not had surgery yet but like you I am just playing the waiting game.  I have see sawed back and forth about this decision but for my health, there is no other choice so that is what I keep in mind.  I even tried the argument that "I can do this on my own, I just have to set my mind to it and do it".  Well if we think about this without fear, we would just admit that if we could do it on our own we would never have found this forum and we would not be struggling with our weight at all, we would have this all under control.  I read a great analogy (won't be exact but here goes) - "We could drag our laundry down to the river and beat it on the rocks or use a wash board and scrub them by hand, they would get every bit as clean as the washing machine, but why would we when there is a perfectly good tool to use to achieve the same goal.  I guess we just have to take the fear out of the equation and remember the goal...our health.  Good luck and God Bless.

Tracy D.
on 9/25/14 2:36 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Absolutely normal!  After the first support group meeting I attended I decided those people were still crazy over food and I wanted no part of it.  Didn't come back for about two years until my health took a turn for the worse.  And then I told my surgeon not to be surprised if he got a call the day of surgery that I wasn't going through with it - lol!   But I DID go through with it and I'm so very glad I did.  

Hang in there!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 9/25/14 2:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Totally normal.  

Are you seeing a therapist?  That might help with the flare ups of cold feet!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Marie S.
on 9/25/14 2:59 am - Brewer, ME
VSG on 10/31/14

Thanks everyone!  This is something I very much want, and honestly very much need.  I am excited and scared, but very much looking forward to being a healthier person.  Thanks again!

Marie Downing

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. 

I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me!

Pamela M.
on 9/25/14 3:33 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Marie, you are totally normal.  I had surgery on 8/25/14 (1 month ago today!) and I simply regret that I didn't do it sooner.  I am 59 years old and - uh - kind of set in my ways!  I knew in my heart and head that WLS was RIGHT for me and my future and the pre-surgery wait started feeling like dreading going to the dentist (only 10x worse, lol).  The only way I got to the operating room was to tell myself over and over "Just put one foot in front of the other."  The good things in life don't come easy but so worth it!  I would do it over again without hesitation!  It is amazing to not be controlled by feelings of "hunger" and cravings.  My new body really loves me and I respect it - we are in it for life - a good, healthy, long life.  I cannot wait to go whitewater rafting in the Spring with my new healthy body!  Good luck and if you know this is right for you, then "just do it!"  Blessings.   Pamela M.

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

bikrchk
on 9/25/14 4:26 am

I didn't. Once I made my decision, I was way more scared of what life would look like without the sleeve than I was of surgery. I just wanted it DONE! And I was very lucky... My procedure went textbook perfect, I never needed narcotic meds for pain, I was released a day early after only 24 hours in the hospital and I was back at work the next week.

Sweat is fat crying

jenn1469
on 9/25/14 4:35 am

I didn't have cold feet but thought that I might not work for me...but it is working for me and I have energy now and starting to look good too...good luck to you and you can do this

Jennifer

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views