going back to work after VSG

snoopygirl1968
on 10/3/14 5:37 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

A bit frustrated at the moment.  My boss told me that two of my co-workers are *****ing because I'm working from home.  And since I can drive, why can't I come to the office?  I told her to tell them that if they want to pay for my parking next week, I'd be happy to drive in every day.  The thought of taking the Metra and possibly getting my tummy bumped into just scares me.  I'm scheduled to work from home next week, and then I'll be back in the office on the 14th.  How long were ya'll off from work when you had your surgery?

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

Tracy D.
on 10/3/14 5:45 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I was off one week.  Had a desk job, not too taxing, wasn't a problem.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

snoopygirl1968
on 10/3/14 5:52 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

I took just shy of 3 weeks of sick leave, and now working from home for 2 weeks.

I have a desk job too, but it's the commute and being back on the train and being downtown Chicago in the crowds that scares me. 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/3/14 5:51 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Three weeks of sick leave, then one additional week of vacation.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

redpanda
on 10/3/14 6:25 am

I can't answer your question because I'm still pre-op, but I wanted to say that it's pretty lame of your boss to report that to you. Can't she keep your co-workers in line without bringing you into it? Sheesh. 

snoopygirl1968
on 10/3/14 6:31 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

I understand where you are coming from, but my boss is actually really cool.   She was more letting me know so that I would be aware and could potentially watch what I say around the co-workers.  Several of them act like 2-year-olds which is really frustrating.  I have a very good relationship with my boss, and she gets more compliments about me from other teams than any of my co-workers do.  So I know I'm good there.  In fact, I decided to take the "high road" and sent an email out to my team this afternoon "thanking" them for their patience and understanding while I am working from home (which has enabled me to come off leave sooner than if I had to go back into the office).  I have also unfriended any of them on facebook, and I have decided to really take the high road and not do any *****ing or complaining myself.....and if any of them ***** or complain to me, I'm going to polietly ask them not to.   These are they people that will never get promoted because they have the reputation of being whiners, and I sure want to make sure I'm not put int he same boat.

redpanda
on 10/3/14 6:55 am

Your co-workers are LAME! Good for you for taking the high road. 

Wildnwonderful
on 10/3/14 6:31 am

It isn't any of their concern. Your boss should never have told you! I am still pre-op but, my surgeon said 10 days.  I am planning mine around a already scheduled vacation. That way I can have 2 weeks off all together.

snoopygirl1968
on 10/3/14 7:02 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Oh believe me.....boss is aware of my feelings on all that. Sick time, vacation time, leaving early, coming in late, etc...that's between the employee and the boss....and NOBODY else.  Believe me, when my boss first told me, I let loose a few 4-letter words about how I feel about the babies I work with.  The sad thing is that it's just 2 ppl....but they bring everyone else down.  One of them is trying for a job in another dept, and I sure hope the other one does too!!!  Then the group would be great!

Amy M.
on 10/3/14 9:32 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

I was off a month on FMLA and it took me that long to go back because I needed doctor clearance to go back to work and he didn't clear me until my 1 month post op visit.  I'm glad I took the full month though.  I was probably good enough to go back after a couple weeks but I had some painful constipation issues that I would NOT have wanted to deal with at the office!

It's lame about your co-workers.  I also have a couple in my department that like to stir up drama and cause more work and suffering for everyone else.  Good for you for taking the high road and not feeding into it which is most likely what they wanted! I do agree that it's lame of your boss to share that with you though, especially while your in recovery and have more important things to worry about.  She may be cool, but that kind of talk could have waited until you go back to work.  

Congrats on your surgery and good luck with recovery!