I feel Cheated! Where was the class on eating slowly!!

MsPayne731
on 12/9/14 2:42 am - Dexter, MI
VSG on 11/25/14

So I am 2 weeks out today and I have not complaints!//// Ok maybe just 1 but it's more of a realization. I have lost 46 pounds and I am feeling great! I am still learning my new sleeve but I think we will have a great relationship once we both get to really know one another. But my gripe is "In all of the darn TRAINING" they give you where was the reminder to freaking eat slow. I am on pureed foods now and boy is that yummy - I miss food soooo much so I scramble up an egg, put it in the blender, sprinkel a lit' cheese and I am digging in....5 seconds later I am finished and it was the best meal I have had in months!......but wait what is this it wants to make a re-appearance?? Noooo I just got you down so I spend 30 minutes walking and mentally talking to my new sleeve asking her to please let me keep my eggs. We agree that I can keep the eggs, if next time I "SLOW THE HECK DOWN"  giggle!

On another Positive note: I have been taken off of all of my blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and diabetes meds! Yay - this is by far the best thing I have ever done for me!!! Thanks for listening OH family.

37 yo / 5'6 / HW: 325 / CW:215 / GW: 165 /  Surgery 11/25/14 

Grim_Traveller
on 12/9/14 2:48 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Eggs are a bigger problem than you'd think, and cause lots of people issues.

I don't know about you, but my program really beat us over the head about eating slowly, and chewing a gazillion times.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

sechax0r
on 12/9/14 2:52 am
VSG on 11/03/14

Eggs are the only thing I had problems with. One bite too many and I felt like death for hours. 

susan88
on 12/9/14 2:57 am
VSG on 08/08/14 with

Your post is so true.  No matter how much they remind us to eat slowly it takes a few live lessons to get the message.  Your post was me when I was 2 - 3 weeks out and  I still struggle with eating slowly.

As someone else mentioned eggs can be a little tough early out.  I could only eat a 1/2 egg until about 2 months.  They also still give me trouble depending on how they are prepared.  Some people have no trouble at all but I sure do.  Hard boiled seems to sit with me the best.  I love eggs benedict (sans muffin of course) but if it is runny it bothers me. 

Congratulations on your meds success.  That is awesome.

Bundlina
on 12/9/14 3:01 am

I thought I was the only one having a problem with eggs.  Good to know I'm not.  I also can't eat more than one at two months out.  Sometimes I can't even finish that one.

Kinde
on 12/9/14 3:12 am

I struggle with eating slowly as well! No matter how much I try it's always to fast. Hopefully this will come with time!

Gwen M.
on 12/9/14 3:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My program also beat me over the head about eating slowly, but it can be easy to forget!  

And eggs, sadly, cause many of us problems.  My NUT recommended keeping them wet.  I'm able to eat them now (almost 9 months) with no problems but, in the beginning, they could be a challenge.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

November18
on 12/9/14 4:30 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Today was my first day on soft foods. I made an egg omelet with a little wedge of Laughing Cow lowfat swiss cheese melted in it. It was the best thing I had to eat in a month and a half!  I had no problems with the egg! My program stressed chew, chew, chew, slow, slow, slow, but I find it harder to do after surgery than before because I'm so hungry.

Bonnie

jenn1469
on 12/9/14 4:35 am

I eat fast and my nut said if it doesn't give me trouble Im fine. I don't have any problems so I guess its ok.  Im 6 mos out and I always forget too eat slow or take baby bites. I am very good staying on plan though.

Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/14 5:05 am

Oooh eggs! They were hard for me to eat early out, but it was my first mushy meal. I ordered a single scrambled egg. Ate about 1/4 and was done. But, I did eat very slowly. They drummed that into our heads in my program. Slow, slow slow and tiny little bites.

BTW, three years out and I still have to eat hard boiled eggs slowly and carefully. Otherwise it's just not pretty.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views