Bacteria in Tummy !

Karen H.
on 12/20/14 10:48 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I am almost 2 weeks post op and last week, I was put on lots of meds for bacteria in my stomach which they found after my surgery. This bacteria would lead to ulcers if not treated. I have to take 3 capsules and 1 large pill morning and night, which upsets my tummy. I broke the pill into fourths and was able to take the capsules. I have to take this for two weeks! I hope this doesn't lead to future problems.  Has this happened to any of you?   Merry Christmas!!  Karen

weeziebeth
on 12/20/14 11:29 pm

H. pylori-THE prime culprit in ulcers. Shouldn't be a problem-just take the meds as prescribed and to completion. You want to try to take the antibiotics (I'm assuming that's the large pills you are quartering) as best you can in a 1 whole pill at a time way. I know you probably can't swallow the pill whole, but if you cut it up, try to take the whole thing within 15-30 minutes. Reason being that you need certain levels/concentration of the drugs in order for the bacteria to be killed. If you take the pill over, say, 2 hours, you may not reach the concentration needed to do the job. 

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

mickeymantle
on 12/21/14 6:08 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

they might have the same meds in a liquid form ask your pyhrmisist or surgeon

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active