premier protein drinks from Sams

BrendaRae
on 12/25/14 10:37 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Trying to gather all my supplies before my surgery on Jan 13th. Has anyone tried these? Comments on good or bad taste?

diane S.
on 12/25/14 10:54 am

premier pre mixed is one of the better tasting ones. but beware that what tastes ok before surgery tastes bad after. i used these and put them in the freezer for awhile so they were half frozen.  pour out a couple of ounces at a time, leave the rest in the fridge. get another couple of ounces. much better than a big glass of luke warm stuff.    i also like designer whey from trader joes.    any choc protein drink is better with a bit of unsweetened coco powder stirred in to make it less sweet.    gl.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

BrendaRae
on 12/25/14 10:58 am
VSG on 01/13/15

Thanks so much for the unsweetened coco powder tip! I would have never thought of that! Im going to buy several cases tomorrow of each flavor, i was worried it tasted bad. thanks for the freezer tip also! 3 wks til surgery date... getting a little nervous but excited about getting on the losers bench!

diane S.
on 12/25/14 11:11 am

might as well start some of these now and loose a few before surgery.   make sure you have some hot choices since hot stuff is easier for some people like chicken broth or hot skim milk or protein hot choc.   gl.  this is such a great thing. read my blog page for my story.    5 years and still at 122 lbs.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

lianna
on 12/25/14 11:22 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I wouldn't buy cases of Anything!  What if you don't like it after surgery?

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

LilSleeved
on 12/25/14 2:52 pm

Diane is right, DO NOT buy anything pre op!  Your tastes will change drastically post op.  I wasted so much money on protein that I loved pre op and hated post op.  I cannot stand the Premier Vanilla or Strawberry and the Vanilla was my most favorite pre op.  I do drink the chocolate now but I have to add more almond milk to it.  I can't stand the taste of anything sweet - and artificial flavors taste metallic to me now. 

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

(deactivated member)
on 12/25/14 10:40 pm, edited 12/25/14 10:40 pm
VSG on 12/16/14

I would buy a few drinks but not in bulk. I know costcos, sams, and gnc will happily give you a refund in full if you do not like the shakes. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/27/14 4:40 pm

True. I did return my vanilla and strawberry to Costco. Sam's is not always so flexible with their return policy, here in my town. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

BrendaRae
on 12/26/14 10:43 am
VSG on 01/13/15

thanks so much, i have seen many posts that new sleevers cant take the artificial sweetners anymore. I hope i can deal with that, since i already eat or drink everything sugar free...

LilSleeved
on 12/27/14 4:43 pm

Brenda, in my mind, I eat for quality not quantity so I don't miss the artificial sugar free garbage. So many Sleevers drink and eat so much artificial foods. I lost my weight by whole clean foods. Think of your body and feed it - the best.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views