I hate my sleeve

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 4:03 pm
On December 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM Pacific Time, IdaRED wrote:

Ha you seem so condescending in all of your responses.  I expected it to be EXACTLY like it is and you know what - I thought it wouldn't bother me but guess what - today it does, today it really sucks.  Not every one can be as "with it" as you are. I'm glad you're in therapy, I'm glad you stick to your 3 meal a day, no snack rule, I'm glad you got up and ran yesterday and I truly hope your brother noticed your weight loss and commented - it would stink if he didn't.  

So, I religiously read this board, I had a good idea what it would be like and at this moment in time I don't like it.  

Whoa.  Your response was way out of line. Gwen simply asked you a question. She is a valuable source on this board and as a newbie postop you should step back and think about your reaction. Wls surgery isn't a walk in the park.  People have expectations from the time they get off the table and if they don't get instant gratification they post "I hate my surgery".  They usually do an evaluation prior to surgery to see if you are mentally able to make the changes emotionally. I don't know at this point if you are going to be a success or a statistic, that is up to you. But burning your bridges to your only support system who understands what you are going through isn't very smart. Your future is up to you,either you make the most of it or since you got a restriction only procedure you can be feasting on a chocolate donut  in only a few weeks. 

I think you should apologize to Gwen and get your head in the game. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 2:48 am - The Colony, TX

Thank you for your reply.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/26/14 4:46 pm

Gwen asked you a question with absolutely no condescension or 'tone'. You went off the deep end. From your reply to her, it sounds as if you had an axe to grind against her long before she asked you an innocuous question.

If you get this hateful with everyone and read nastiness where there was none, you are in for an unpleasant time. If you really detest someone, hit the block button. 

There is a time in the post op period where some of us get our asses on our shoulders over things that usually wouldn't phase us. The trick is to try to recognize it.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 2:48 am - The Colony, TX

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/26/14 9:50 pm

Ha you seem so condescending in all of your responses.  I expected it to be EXACTLY like it is and you know what - I thought it wouldn't bother me but guess what - today it does, today it really sucks.  Not every one can be as "with it" as you are. I'm glad you're in therapy, I'm glad you stick to your 3 meal a day, no snack rule, I'm glad you got up and ran yesterday and I truly hope your brother noticed your weight loss and commented - it would stink if he didn't.  

So, I religiously read this board, I had a good idea what it would be like and at this moment in time I don't like it.  

Bless you heart...so hormonal...that too will pass...eventually...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 2:49 am - The Colony, TX

Ashley in Belgium
on 12/26/14 10:38 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Completely uncalled for response - GwenMo was asking you a valid question that deserves a thoughtful response - either on this thread or in the privacy of your own space.  While you may be hormone dumping and extra sensitive at this moment you really should consider the question and your answer.  What were you expecting?  How is your experience different or similar to those expectations and how reasonable are they given your cir****tances?  WLS isn't for everyone clearly and you need to figure out how you are going to live with your decision.

Frankly Gwen's response to your snarky comment was very classy.  For your sake I hope she still takes the time to reply to your future posts as she has lots of valuable insights to share. Good luck getting through this rough patch - This too shall pass!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 2:49 am - The Colony, TX

Ladytazz
on 12/27/14 11:42 am
On December 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, IdaRED wrote:

You have given this reply at least 5 times to responses that didn't suck your ass.  And who is the condescending one?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

LISAFREE
on 12/28/14 5:53 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views