I hate my sleeve

LIza M.
on 12/29/14 10:00 am

Hi IdaRED, just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you and hoping you have had some loving, supportive friends around you today. Also if you have access to facebook there are many sleeve support groups on there, just do a search. I've never seen people attacking others as they do here. You are in my thoughts and prayers...Liza

IdaRED
on 12/30/14 10:52 am - The Colony, TX

Thank you so much - it was brutal but he went peacefully.  Today, everyone is gone but me and my 2 other dogs who are very, very confused.  I so appreciate you thinking of me and I did find some of those sites.

muskan
on 12/27/14 4:11 am - United Arab Emirates

Hi when I read your post I felt like FINALLY someone out there feels like I do... I had my sleeve surgery on December 21st (a week ago) and am on a liquid diet now.  It's not that I feel hungry but just the fact that I watch my kids (6 and 3) eating and my dad eating and I feel like - why couldn't I just have been happy the way I was and enjoyed.  In fact at this moment I could have been in Canada with my family sipping on a Tim Horton's coffee and boston cream donut...but here I am in Dubai excited that I can finally have broth. 

I did a lot of research and a lot of reading before I had the procedure...I guess as I have read further down this is "not the easy way out" - and I think it's always harder once you actually experience something.  Reading about it didn't sound as bad as I feel.  I know everyone says this will get better and that I should think about the healthier, thinner, more energetic me - but at the moment that person ain't here and she ain't gonna be for a long time so it's hard to for me to think that far. 

I guess this is a phase as well and will pass - like one of the posts said "you can't go back" :)  I think I regretted doing this the day after the surgery in the hospital when I had some sense about me...but of course it was done.  I apologize I was supposed to make you feel better rather than express how much I agreed with you...I am waiting for things to change and for myself to stop regretting this decision to have the sleeve done.  I look forward to the day when I can once again sit with the family and have a meal or go to the movies and have popcorn. 

I think this forum will be of great solace as I meet people who feel the same and who have been where I am now... I think it will get better and I have to say that uptil now I have been keeping pretty well and there has been no nausea etc so I think that's something to be grateful for definitely...

Anyhow, I apologize for not being so much of a help but I appreciate that someone feels the way I do.

PS:  I'm really sorry to hear about your dog I know how hard that can be...I cried for days when I had to put my cat down... :(

Best of Luck!

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 4:18 am - The Colony, TX

Are you kidding?  You made me feel not so alone.  Thank you for replying.  Let's make a pact to connect again in June and see how we both feel.  Deal?

muskan
on 12/27/14 4:35 am - United Arab Emirates

Deal~ June it is... :)  Thanks for making me smile...

Do you mind if I check in before though? Have you recently had your sleeve done? 

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 7:20 am - The Colony, TX

I was sleeved 12/1.  Anytime you want to check in let's do it.  I just said June because that seems to be the magical 6 months:)

Bonnie1960
on 1/2/15 5:27 am

I was also sleeved on 12/1...lets all check in on each other!!!

LAPBAND Surgery in Norman, Oklahoma on 12/3/2003

Vertical Sleeve  Revision Surgery  in Amarillo, Texas on  12/1/2014   

November18
on 12/27/14 6:03 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Good post. I love your honesty!

Bonnie

Zee Starrlite
on 12/27/14 6:46 am

So sorry about your dog.

This time, next year you will be able to eat more than you wish you could.  Try to embrace this short break from food.  You will, I hope someday soon love being sleeved.

(((HUGS)))😘

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

IdaRED
on 12/27/14 7:21 am - The Colony, TX

You are very sweet - thank you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views