Shopping in my own closet......can't wait!

K. Walker
on 1/3/15 11:46 pm

My daughter and I cleaned out my closet recently in preparation for my upcoming surgery. She quickly noticed I had the several of the same exact piece.  I had to stop and explain to her that I never have been able to maintain a reasonable weight for any long term period (many years of ups and downs) and when I found something that I really liked, I usually ended up getting the same piece, just a bigger size as my weight increased over time. I used this as a lesson to explain to her how my bad eating habits contributed to my struggles of simply dressing myself from day to day. I hope she learns the benefits of putting her personal health before all other which is something I've not done in twenty plus years. 

Its my my time now and I can't be more excited to go "shopping" in my own closet in the months to come. I have so many clothes that don't fit at the moment. It will be like getting new wardrobe without the added cost for the next several months. As I lose, I will donate the ones that no longer fit because I am too small (as opposed to too big, as usual).

Weight: Highest 181 / Pre-op 177 / Surgery 167

Weight: Current 145 / Goal 105

Weight: Lost 36 pounds from highest weight (started weight loss surgery process)

4 Feet 11 Inches / BMI 35 @ Surgery

VSG Surgery Date 01/07/2015

MegZorar
on 1/4/15 12:29 am

Nice!

MAchick
on 1/4/15 12:43 am
VSG on 01/27/14

It is definitely a lot of fun! It's amazing trying on things and having them fall off, even though they just fit a few weeks back. I still try things on because it reminds me of how far I've come. 

Enjoy the ride! 

NanfromSan
on 1/4/15 2:04 am
VSG on 12/09/14

Because I yo yo'd my entire life, I never got rid of big or small clothes.  I too am waiting to fit into some of my smaller suits again!  I can't wait!!!  Enjoy your shopping spree!!!!

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Alice9248
on 1/6/15 1:04 pm

OMG--  I was going to post almost the exact thing today! I DID go shopping in my own closet today.  It's awesome. Have fun!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views