5 year relationship ended and 157 pounds lost

purplequeeny
on 1/5/15 9:31 pm - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

I have lost 157 pounds and as of Christmas day I no longer have a bf.  Wow the sleeve has drastically changed my life.  I'm adjusting to single life reluctantly.  The lonliness is crappy.  I would have thought my bf would have been happier with me but I recieved the opposite reaction.  The more I loss the more he changed.  It got to where he was actually mean and he had never been like that in the previous years. We were together 5 years ... but oh well.  I m happy with my results from my sleeve, I feel physically better than I have in 25 years.  I will get thru this breakup.  The classes I went to prior to surgery said that relationship issues were real, guess I should have paid more attention.

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

November18
on 1/5/15 10:02 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

So sorry to hear about your break up. You have done so well and have had such great success. Be careful. Don't let this throw a wrench in your success.  I feel like you might be a little depressed. Please talk to someone and try to be positive about your weight loss. Keep thinking about how much better you feel! Reward yourself. Keep busy!! Good Luck! I hope things really work out for you.

Bonnie

Bearz
on 1/5/15 10:10 pm

u look grate, I am so proud of u. Sorry about the brake up. I hope u move forward u will fined you now and be proud of your success.

Spanky123
on 1/5/15 10:18 pm

The loneliness will pass the more active you become. In the long run it's better to not be with someone who cannot rejoice in your success with you, but I know that doesn't help the pain right now. Onward and Upward!

FarmGirl71
on 1/5/15 10:43 pm - Maben, MS
VSG on 05/05/15

I have not had my surgery yet... but I read the boards religiously. I have seen several people say that a lot of us have settled for "less than" when it comes to relationships because we possibly felt like we weren't worthy or that it was the "best we could do." Your boyfriend could have had this reaction for many reasons. Maybe he was jealous, maybe he was worried that you might notice he was a putz now that you are losing weight, maybe he was a putz before and you just didn't see it and now you do. Whatever the reason... it really doesn't matter. You have to take care of YOU and move on down the road you have started. You can't control anyone else's response... you can only control YOU. Take this time to discover more about yourself. I got divorced many years ago. It was my choice. But it still sucked and I hated it. But I learned SO much about myself. I loved hiking. I lived in Tennessee at that time and I would go hiking every weekend the boys were visiting their father. It was an amazing time for me. Keep your chin up! I've been reading your posts and watching your photos... you're doing GREAT! Stay focused!!!!

You are worth it!

Tracy D.
on 1/6/15 12:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm so sorry to hear about the break up - that's rough    The good news is that you don't feel the need to keep anyone around who treats you badly...and you are doing GREAT on your WL journey!!

You may be surprised at how your new, healthy outlook on life and all that positive energy attract different people into your life.   Here's to a fantastic 2015 for you, Queeny! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 1/6/15 12:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm glad that you're making such amazing progress physically.  I'm sorry that things fizzled with your relationship.  Some people just can't handle when we work on ourselves.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/15 1:32 am

Heartache hurts. And relationships ending on a special day like Christmas compound the pain. Acknowledge the times that were good. Tell yourself what to watch for in the future. 

and congrats on the weight loss, happy for you & happy to be running toward it too

Luvmygs
on 1/6/15 2:54 am
VSG on 12/04/14

You look amazing and CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! I'm sorry to hear about your bf. I can only say through experience, it all happens for a good reason. Mine was 8 years. We don't see it at the time, but in time you will. I admire you for being strong. Keep up the good job and your life will change for the good.

jenn1469
on 1/6/15 4:15 am

Ya I think there behind or not. My husband is very supportive but at the same time he doesn't want me to loose anymore weight. I am determined to loose at least 20 more pounds. I feel this surgery was for me not him. I hope you meet a good man who stands behind you.

Jennifer

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views