Gallbladder surgery

Kerry1969
on 1/7/15 7:06 am
VSG on 11/17/14

So it looks like the gallbladder has to go. I have read many posts here about issues with this and I was half expecting it, but not so soon. I am 8 weeks post op and up until the attack I have really had no issues or complaints. Surgery scheduled for 1/19. Has anyone had their gallbladder removed and if so how far out were you and what was recovery like? Thanks.

VSG with Dr. Barkan on November 17, 2014. HW 220, SW 210, CW 175

Superchunk77
on 1/7/15 7:12 am

I had my gallbladder out before the surgery but I remember that I had it on a Thursday and was back to work on Monday.  Everyone is different.  I thought I would just be out for 2 weeks for the VSG but I am out for 4. 

joconnor0922
on 1/7/15 10:29 am

I had my gallbladder out 5 month post op in October. It was super easy- I had it done Friday morning and went home around 2pm, back to work Monday. I did not need any pain medication and really couldn't believe how great I felt. I had read numerous post saying the sleeve and gallbladder were comparable, so I was expecting that and was pleasantly surprised. My worst problem was that the breathing tube scratched my throat on the way out and caused some swelling. I stuck to popsicles, ice chips and cold drinks for 48 hours and that helped.

Tracy D.
on 1/7/15 10:24 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I had my gallbladder removed long before I had VSG.  I had the surgery on a Friday and went back to work half a day Monday and all day on Tuesday.   I would say recovedry was easier than VSG but still comparable.  

As a comparison, I had VSG surgery on a Friday and went back to work full-time 10 days later.  I was fine.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kerry1969
on 1/7/15 11:30 pm
VSG on 11/17/14

Thank you all for the info. I recovered pretty quickly from VSG, but I had two incisions that opened and still aren't fully healed. Maybe they could use those to go back in...lol.

VSG with Dr. Barkan on November 17, 2014. HW 220, SW 210, CW 175

NanfromSan
on 1/7/15 11:34 pm
VSG on 12/09/14

I had mine removed before vsg.  It was MUCH easier than vsg surgery.  I went home the same day, slept, felt fine the next day!  

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views