Slow Loss

elatedelaine
on 1/13/15 1:17 am

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been reading all the posts, trying to get inspiration.  I had VSG on 11/20/2014 and have only lost about 22 lbs so far.  I only weigh once a week so I don't know what my weight is this week yet.  I seem to be hungry all the time, even though I am getting my water and protein in.  My cravings are through the roof!  I just feel so down about the slow weight loss and hunger.  Any suggestions or inspirational comments from you veterans who have been there, done that:)

GooseGirl
on 1/13/15 1:45 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Hi there! If I did my math correctly you have lost about 22 lbs in 7 weeks. That works out to 3 lbs a week. That is pretty darn good. I am another one who considers myself a slow loser and I also lose about 3 lbs a week so I relate to the feeling. I have to keep reminding myself that any other time in my life I would have been ecstatic to consistently be losing an average of 3 lbs a week. If I continue to follow the plan my doctor gave me then I know the weight will continue to come off (even if it is slower than I might like). 

Regarding the hunger feelings are you taking a PPI? If not, then I would suggest talking to your doctor about one. A lot of people report that acid mimics hunger feelings and I have noticed that  myself as well. If it is cravings or head hunger are you eating any carbs? Those can trigger cravings. Lastly, are you working with a therapist? I have found that pretty helpful in starting to work through some of the head issues involved in this. 

Good luck!

elatedelaine
on 1/13/15 4:07 am

Thank you so much for the encouraging words!  I def need to visit with a NUT and a Therapist...carbs are dangerous for me and I try my best to stay far away from them.  I will check on the Acid Reducer and see if I need that.  I guess I just need to do what I know is right and be a bit more patient.  Thank you for responding to my post:)  Good luck to you as well!

mickeymantle
on 1/13/15 1:56 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your a light weight and lights weights often lose pounds slower but if you figure % of excess  weight lose your doing great 

you need to check your dosage of your ppi  acid imitates hunger 

if your getting in all tour protein and fluids you could eat some salad bu****ch the dressing there high in cal

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

elatedelaine
on 1/13/15 4:33 am

Thank you...I have been wanting to add in a salad at lunch or dinner every day so I think I will try that:)  I appreciate your response!

Tracy D.
on 1/13/15 2:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I can't make any suggestions until I know what you're eating every day.  How many calories, protein grams, carb grams, etc.  Give me an example of a daily menu and I'll give you some feedback.  

I'm not real concered about the "slow loss" because I don't think you're losing that slow.  But being hungry all the time?  That concerns me...you shouldn't be and I either suspect acid or too many carbs in your diet.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

elatedelaine
on 1/13/15 4:35 am

Ok, so yesterday my date was like this: B) 3 small sausage cheese balls L) lite greek yogurt with protein granola S) sunflower seeds D) rotisseri chicken breast

That's about it for the day and most days are like that...

Dee R.
on 1/13/15 3:27 am - CA

I thought of myself as a slow loser too until I did the math.  I'm losing 3.57 per week.  That makes me REALLY happy!!!  I'm quite satisfied with that.  I know I'm following my plan.  Getting in my protein and water.  I couldn't be happier. 

Dee

elatedelaine
on 1/13/15 4:37 am

That's great!  I am feeling much better about my numbers due to everyone being so supportive:)  Thank you for your response!

Gwen M.
on 1/13/15 3:38 am, edited 1/13/15 3:39 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You've lost 22 pounds in a bit less than 2 months?  That's SUPER.  How fast were you thinking you'd lose?  Remember, this isn't a race - if you stick to the plan, you'll get there.  :)

On the hunger issue - are you taking a PPI such as prilosec or nexium?  Most often, at this point, hunger is just stomach acid.  If you're not taking a PPI yet, get started.  

What, exactly, are you eating every day? 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views