Fluids

Lose_2_Live
on 2/4/15 10:56 am
with

On average hour many ounces of fluids are you taking in a day?  Four months post op and I am struggling...any suggestions?  Low carb/cal powerades and gatorades are starting to gag me.  

hollykim
on 2/4/15 11:42 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 4, 2015 at 6:56 PM Pacific Time, Lose_2_Live wrote:

On average hour many ounces of fluids are you taking in a day?  Four months post op and I am struggling...any suggestions?  Low carb/cal powerades and gatorades are starting to gag me.  

when I was 4 months out ,I was getting 100 oz a day in. I ,also,get tired of the same thing so I switch it up. I use stevia and fresh lemon squeezed into lemonade. I use herbal tea,with stevia ,chilled. I use plain lemon or lime alone in water.  Then I switch it all up again.

Valerie G.
on 2/5/15 12:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

64oz is your daily minimum, starting from the day they removed the IV from your arm.  I was also around the same level as Holly.  Everything wet and decaf counts, from broth to protein drinks.  Your body doesn't care about any excuses...dehydration hits hard and fast, and is very unforgiving.

Powerade sucks now?  Find something that doesn't suck.  I resorted to watered down koolaid punch for a while.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 2/5/15 12:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

At 4 months out I was getting 80-100 oz. a day.  I drank green tea and water, that was pretty much it.  But I like water and I didn't want all the extra chemicals in Gatorade and Powerade drinks.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/5/15 2:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Lots. I have a 32oz Nalgene and try to go through one at work and one at night, plus extra.

Try every flavor of sugar-free stuff you can get your hands on. Crystal Light, Mio, Powerade, Gatorade, Kool-Aid, iced tea. Frozen lemon/lime slices, cucumber, mint, other fruits/veggies/herbs. Hot stuff works too, hot tea, SF hot cocoa, SF hot cider mix. You're bound to find something you like eventually!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views