new here hoping for a sleeve in may

Tricia R.
on 2/9/15 5:36 am

Hi,  very new to all this. Support groups aren't very close and being a full time working single mom makes it harder.  Looking for all the input on what to expect, thank you! 

Jamie86
on 2/9/15 7:53 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

Hi Tricia, 

Welcome, I spend a lot of time on here just reading others experiences. I have learnt so much from everyone. I have not had surgery yet but fine that when ever you ask a question everyone is always very helpful and kind. 

My surgery was officially booked last week and I go on the 19th. I Just got the call from the hospital to schedule my pre-op testing for this Wednesday! The same day I start my Liquid diet. 

If you have any questions ask away, Just remember that every surgeon does things a little different so make sure to bring a list of things you have read and questions you have to your appointments. 

Good Luck! 

Jamie 

Tricia R.
on 2/9/15 7:56 am

I'm seeing that too! It's great! Are you nervous?  What are your stats?

Jamie86
on 2/9/15 8:18 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

I was really nervous in November/December when the Ball really started rolling. Seeing the NUT I was so nervous I think I dropped 5 pounds the day before the appointment. I had to keep a food journal for her too. I know it sounds sad but I thought for sure she would say I'm a lost cause and tell the Dr I was not ready. But it was the complete opposite! She gave me information and tools that have really really helped me. The other thing that scared the crap out of me was the Liquid diet. My Dr. Requires you to complete a full 7 days on a Full Fluid low carb diet before he sees you for the first time. The first 3 days I didn't think I was going to make it, But I just kept telling myself if I gave up now I just wasted 3 days... 4 days etc. and before I knew it, It was day 8 and I was back to normal food again... If your doctor has you do this make sure to move back to normal food slowly, I didn't and felt like crap for days. My Dr. Makes his clients do a pre pre op diet so you know what works and doesn't work for you, you don't have the option of just rescheduling the surgery because you decided to hit McDonald's instead of sticking with it.  

I am 28 Years old 

Highest Weight I know for sure was 272

Currently 252(1.5 weeks ago) BMI 39.5

Hoping to be under 245 on Surgery day

My Risk factors include Hypertension and Family history of Heart attacks

Tricia R.
on 2/9/15 9:56 am

Wow! You're doing great!  I'm really struggling to lose weight.  I'm under so much stress with my divorce and custody.  3 months in i gained 2 then lost 5 so i guess i only technically list 3. But hopefully i get everything going. It's so hard changing my entire diet when it's all I've known for they least 10 years.  

Jamie86
on 2/10/15 12:59 am - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

I dont know if that is really all that great LOL. I think I could have and should have been doing better. I'm not getting nearly enough exercise just yet. I know that is something I cant be putting off. There are so many things that keep making me loose sight of what I'm work on...  Nothing nearly what you are going through but what helps be is I keep telling myself that I cant let these things win. I have to Win. I agree with the changing of the Diet. It is very hard. Change one thing at a time not everything one day. I cut out sweets one month then the next Pop, I changed my Breakfast to a Protein shake with yogurt and smaller portions. One thing at a time one day at a time... this works for me, You have to find what works for you. Although I have to admit I'm having a food funeral today. I start my Liquid diet and this is the last day of this me so I'm saying goodbye to a few of my very favorite and unhealthy foods today. 

Gwen M.
on 2/9/15 8:34 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Welcome! :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

lo_ri_p
on 2/9/15 8:47 am - Ocala, FL

Welcome.  I wish I knew about the website before surgery (12/3/14).  I am sure I still would have gone through with it but there are so many thing that the surgeon did not tell me before the surgery.  I felt lost and didn't know what is "normal" post-op.  I didn't always know what is something to call the surgeon about and what is nothing to worry about.  It has helped me so much with so many questions.  Just remember that every surgeon is a little different so you should definitely follow his guide but use this as a tool for personal advice and support and even a place to vent.  Good luck.

MegZorar
on 2/9/15 9:04 am

Howdy  You've come to the right place. Most of us here are really pleased with our results.

Menchi
on 2/9/15 12:42 pm, edited 2/9/15 12:42 pm
VSG on 09/11/13

I just posted my point of view of all of this, I was scared too.  Just do your research and know we will all be here to help. 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/5304554/18-Month-Mark-pep-talk-sorry/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views