Four days post-op and doing pretty good!

Paula1965
on 4/5/15 8:39 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Had my surgery the morning of April 1st and went home the afternoon of the 2nd. I have been drinking about 60 or so oz. of fluid a day and getting in 60+ grams of protein too the last 2 days. My largest incision (where they removed my stomach) is still pretty tender when I move, but I have not even taken pain meds since Friday morning and that was junior strength Tylenol (chewable). Diarrhea kicked in today so I am being watchful for dehydration but am still peeing light colored urine, so I think I am okay.

My largest incision is packed and will I will need to go in this next week to have it unpacked. Bet that will hurt. I'll be sure to take a pain med before that appointment!

I was up about 10 lbs. (fluid weight) when I first got home but am now down about 3 lbs. since day of surgery. I am eating less than 300 calories per day but know that getting the fluid in is my #1 priority right now.

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

PrayMore
on 4/5/15 9:53 am

Congrats! It gets easier every day. Sounds like you are doing all of the right things, especially with your fluids and protein so early out!

Best wishes for your continued success. Again, every day life gets more normal and things get easier - it'll take a few weeks and a few diet stages, but it does get easier. This will all seem like a distant memory in a short time!

Welcome to the loser's bench!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Dan1962
on 4/5/15 10:24 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

As you have heard, each day gets better.  Enjoy the changes that are about to take place and try new things.  My best advice it to be really disciplined, it will serve you well.

Luvmygs
on 4/5/15 11:21 am
VSG on 12/04/14

You're doing pretty good. It took me almost 5 days to even get 1 protein drink down and it took all day to get it down. Keep up the good work! Sugar free popsicles were my best friend after surgery.

jkmcnult
on 4/5/15 12:20 pm - golden, CO

Nice, it will just get better everyday ! Enjoy the ride.

Tracy D.
on 4/6/15 12:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcolme to the loser's bench, Paula!    Good job on the protein AND the water - you're doing great! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views