4 yrs out and not at goal

Kelly L.
on 7/18/15 10:50 am

Hi Gang,

I am 4 yrs out and still not at goal, but mostly my own fault for giving up.   I am trying to get back on track now and doing pretty good.  I log everything into myfitnesspal, and have started exercising.  I am also back on Metformin even though my A1C shows I am ok, apparently I am borderline diabetic or just insulin resistance.   That is the reason I stopped losing, then I gave up.   But I still have lots of restriction, can't eat a lot.   The grehlin production is still low, I am hardly ever hungry, so I know I can do this!   I just wanted to post to see if there are others yrs out, how you're doing, and get some motivation from y'all!

Kelly

Oneillch
on 7/18/15 12:59 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

I'm only 5 months out, but before surgery, I was on Metformin for a few months & found that also had an affect on my appetite. Keep on plugging and you'll get to your goal! 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/18/15 5:00 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Oh I was on metformin for awhile but it didn't agree with me so I switched meds. I know the further out from surgery you get the harder it can be. So Kudos to you for wanting to get back on track! I'm not sure how far you've come or where you want to eventually be, but all I can say is don't give up.

Go back to the basics of a protein forward diet, log & track everything, & also look into therapy/support groups to get to the reasons behind your eating. Maybe you can get some strategies in place so when life starts to get you sidetracked you can get right back on track again. Good Luck to you! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

E_Saenz
on 7/18/15 6:16 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Proteins less carbs drink 

Elia Maria Saenz

Sandra F.
on 7/20/15 6:07 am

I have been on Metformin for many years and despite my 95 lb weight loss, my A1C is still pre-diabetic.  You are lucky that you are rarely hungry.  I am hungry at only 9 months out and struggle to keep my calories down.  Good luck to you!

Tracy D.
on 7/20/15 7:21 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good for you for climbing back on that horse - now ride it to goal! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Cathy2402
on 7/28/15 10:03 pm

Hi Kelly,

i too too am trying to get back on track and reach my goal. I've lost and kept off 100 for the last almost 4 years (the 30th will be 4 years). I agree support groups are the way to go! We can do this. Stay focused and think about your health!

You can message me if you need support!

Cathy😀

HW: 338 SW: 324 GW: 180-160

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views