Multi vitamins and shakes..what do you take?

tinacristina
on 9/22/15 5:23 pm

I have my surgery schedule in 2 weeks. I am going to Dr. Ortiz in Mexico and very excited. 

They recommend I purchase  Vitaleph Shakes and Vitaleph mulit vitamin. These are manufactured by the facility so obviously to their benefit and expensive. I will purchase them as recommend, however, perhaps later I will purchase other's online that might be more affordable. IDK since I am new to all this. 

What do you all drink and what kind of mulit do you take?  It looks like the Bariatric mulit's I see online are the kind that you either melt or chew. Will I always have to take a multi like that?

Thanks for your input. 

msecanales
on 9/22/15 6:54 pm

This is also something I would like to know... My surgery is scheduled for 10/26/15... I still have not looked into vitamins and protein drinks.. I honestly feel overwhelmed.

NYMom222
on 9/22/15 8:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Don't buy too much of any one shake, your tastebuds can change after surgery. And change back again. Premier Protein is nice for ready made shakes. You can buy it at Sams, Walmart, Costco, BJs Club and I am sure other places. It is really trial and error. I like the Inspire shakes on Bariatric Eating.com for flavored- Pumpkin Pie and Peanut butter Cookie. For my Chocolate and Vanilla I buy Natural Whey by Bodylogix at Walgreens. They sell it at GNC, but cheaper at Walgreens. Jay Robb is good too. The Vitamin Shoppe and GNC do let you return protein you don't like.

Chewables are just easier in the beginning...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NerdySquirrel
on 9/23/15 9:24 am

My docs have me use what they sell at the clinic for pre-op and the first two weeks post op.  They use Celebrate, Bariatric Advantage and Unjury brands.  After the initial two week period I can use what I like, however, I've found that I do like two flavors from their brands and will likely continue to use them.  

I'll second not purchasing too much before surgery.  My taste buds have changed a bit, and for the first week after surgery there was only one flavor I could stomach.  Best wishes!

HW: 378 | 1st Consult: 363 | Surgery: 339 | CW: 182

"We all have two lives. The second begins when we realize we only have one."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views