Premier and Pure Protein

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/15 7:38 pm

What is wrong with using these? I use them as a daily protein shake. My nut told me they are fine to use.

SDenae
on 11/8/15 7:56 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Who said anything was wrong with them? The Premier meet my WLC's 5-10-15 guidelines (less than 5g fat, 10g carb, and at least 15g of protein per serving), I believe. I don't know anything about the Pure.

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Donna L.
on 11/9/15 7:28 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I don't think anything is wrong with them, necessarily, but many of us use whey protein isolate and/or hydrolyzed whey protein isolate instead.  We absorb them much better than whey protein concentrate, which is what premier protein uses.  Having said that, I did use the premier protein after surgery for a while.  I switched to whey protein isolate the past two months (I use Syntrax and Optimum Nutrition) honestly because it was slightly cheaper per shake with almond milk. Unjury also makes pretty decent whey protein isolate, too.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 72 views