My slow cooker saved my life!!

Tracy S.
on 11/13/15 10:29 am

So I had surgery on August 28th.  I was having trouble getting back to foods again and was leaning heavily on protein drinks.  I got extremely constipated (my water intake was suffering too...hated ANYTHING in my belly!) and I was feeling like crap (pardon the pun! LOL).  I saw a recipe for mozzarella stuffed meatballs and they were cooked in a slow cooker.  I decided yep....HAVE to try that.  SO I went out and got myself a slow cooker.  My husband beat me to the punch and made me the most amazing chili to get us going on our new slow cooker adventures.  I was THRILLED.  My stomach held it and I was off and running getting some real food in.  I made the meatballs next...amazing!  I found an app called SparkRecipes and we tried a pot roast next...wow!!!!!!!!   This morning I got up, mixed up a meatloaf and left it to cook for tonight.  I can't believe how fun and easy it is to make the most healthy amazing meals!!!!!!!  You just set the food in and forget it.   I'm eating mostly meals now with a shake in the morning.  I  My Slow Cooker!!!!  

sushiflower100
on 11/13/15 11:28 am

That's great!  I love my slow cooker.  It makes life so much easier for my family.

Lap band in: 1/28/11
Lap band out: 5/13
VSG: 10/28/15
HW: 315
Start of Optifast 10/14: 305.5
SW 10/28: 289.5
CW: 239.0

MAchick
on 11/13/15 12:37 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

Welcome to the wonderful world of crockpots!! I freaking love mine. My husband doesn't like cooking, but I've turned him on too. Super easy to use, and things come out moist which is good for my sleeve. 

I saw the video for those meatballs, I need to make them! 

Tracy S.
on 11/13/15 12:51 pm

My husband fights with me over who gets to put stuff in it...lol.  He would live on ellios pizza if you let him.  I was really happily surprised to see him getting so into cooking with it...lol. 

MAchick
on 11/13/15 12:56 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

My go-tos are chili, pasta sauce, pot roast. I've done a whi2le chicken. Sometimes I do fridge/freezer clean outs and toss in any protein or veg with some stock, herbs and it turns into a delicious soup. 

psychoticparrot
on 11/13/15 1:32 pm

There are two slow-cooker cookbooks that you might want to invest in: "Slow Cooker Revolution" and "Healthy Slow Cooker Revolution." They'e both hot sellers because they can turn ho-hum slow-cooker dinners into food you could serve to guests. Bit more work involved in these recipes, but you still get the slow-cooker convenience.

I don't have much room on my boat for cookware, but there's always room for my slow-cooker.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Tracy S.
on 11/13/15 3:13 pm

Thank you!!!  I'll peek for them both on Amazon!!!  

suzyq584
on 11/13/15 1:55 pm

I'm going to have to break out my slow cooker!  I'm in an eating slump...

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

SkinnyBonz38
on 11/13/15 3:09 pm

My slow cooker is my life. Especially now that cooler weather is here, I toss in everything healthy. Oh my my my the meals the deliciousness of it all! And for pennies!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/15 4:41 pm

Started crock pot cooking in the early 80's as a working mom (widow) of 4 kids and have never stopped. Recipes may have changed but the cooking method is just as good now as it was then. Now if only I could get my husband (remarried) interested in cooking...LOL.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views