Surgery in TWO DAYS

midwiferywoman
on 12/2/15 10:23 am
VSG on 12/04/15

I'm getting so excited and nervous.  Less than two days and I will be under the knife!  One thing I'll be happy about is for this two week liquid diet to be over.  These protein shakes have been torture, but worth it.  I've lost 10lbs in just the last 12 days.  I've done some shopping for post-op but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for things I may not have considered . . .so far I have:

lots of protein powder

cottage cheese

greek yogurt

ricotta cheese

SF jello and pudding

some soups that should be ok blended

a few other protein drinks (the clear water-like kind)

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

"You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit" -Aristotle
SW: 237lbs | Lap Band Feb 2010 | LW: 188lbs | Post op baby Feb 2013 | July 2015 slipped band diagnosed | Oct 2015 band port eroded through adominal wall | 10/20/15 lap band removed | Regained to 215lbs | VSG: 12/4/2015 | LW: 148lbs but settled around 154lbs | Post-op baby #2 born Jan 2018 | CW: 160lbs

Tink3125
on 12/2/15 10:30 am
VSG on 12/01/15

My first week of post op is all clear liquids. Broth, popsicles, jello, water, crystal light. I would not suggest buying large supplys as it will take a while to get just one can of broth down since you can only sip small amounts at a time.

Second week-all liquid diet (protein shakes, adding creamy strained soups)

Third week will be pureed stage-cottage cheese, SF pudding, etc

Congrats on your surgery! You got this.

I am two days post op and feeling pretty good at this point.

Tink

psychoticparrot
on 12/2/15 12:27 pm

If you find drinking enough liquid is a problem during the first week, you can supplement with sugar-free frozen popsicles. They give you some needed liquid, they're crunchable (which is a nice change from the liquids), and they taste good.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views