Hi from Tennessee

paulakol_45
on 12/10/15 12:32 pm - Mc Ewen, TN
WLS on 12/15/15

Hello everyone! I'm new to the group and vsg surgery is in 4 days! I am feeling every emotion all at once! Earlier I was crying soo hard I gave myself a headache! I really don't have anyone in real life to talk to who understands so I thought joining this group will be really helpful to be with like-minded people with many of the same goals! Looking forward to meeting you all ~Paula

SDenae
on 12/10/15 2:10 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Hi from Indiana Paula, :)

I think it's totally common to go through what you're going through. Honestly, I was worrying and second-guessing myself right up until the anesthesiologist said "Ok, I'm going to push the meds that will put you to sleep now. If..." (No clue what he said after that. Could've been something about Oompa Loompas for all I know.) I was so afraid I wouldn't make it through that I called all of my family and told them I loved them, just to make sure they knew, even if they didn't know I was having the surgery.

In the end, everything turned out just fine and I wouldn't go back and change my mind about this surgery for anything in the world.

I am going to go ahead and warn you, though, for the first week or two you're going to probably have buyers remorse. There may be a lot of pain and you may be a little freaked out by your inability to eat or the pain from the gas, but you have to keep reminding yourself: This is TEMPORARY. Once you make it through that, life will return to your new normal and you will be well on your way to a new and healthier you.

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery. ((Hugs))

Keep us updated, k?

~Shan

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tink3125
on 12/10/15 2:44 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Hey neighbor from Knoxville!

I just had my surgery on 11/30. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm down 45 lbs total. I lost 20 lbs the first week post op. 

I had my nervousness and second thoughts right up to when they wheeled me back. You got this!! Add me if you want. The more friends and support the better!

Tink

ubserved
on 12/10/15 4:58 pm

Tink and I had surgery around the same time frame, I am 24 days out from surgery and I was ready to bolt right up until they wheeled me into the OR. Just keep your eyes on the prize and you will do fine, like with anything, you usually have to feel worse before you feel better. Just keep your fluid level up, sip sip sip and walk walk walk. If you let dehydration set in, you are in for awful time. First time I had a sip, it was 1/3 of 1 ounce and I felt like I was going to hurl, I was able to drink more or less freely 2 days after surgery, some have had a harder time, it just depends on how you heal, how quick your post surgical swelling goes down, etc... I have always healed quickly so I suppose I am on the lucky side of that equation. In the period right after surgery, fluids are more important than protein, but you have to keep that in mind, protein will help you heal faster. My doc recommended 90g a day, I was doing 150g and I just barreled through it with no problem. Good luck to you and if you have questions, don't hesitate to post them, we have all been there and can offer you our experiences and what we did to handle them.

Sandra F.
on 12/11/15 6:01 am

Hello from Virginia!  Welcome!  The pre-op diet and first month after surgery are the worst you will go through, so hang in there.  I echo my previous posters about the dehydration thing.  I was dehydrated in the first month, which cause terrible nausea, so sip sip sip and sip some more.  You will find many valuable tips and tools on here to help you on your journey.  Good luck to you.

psychoticparrot
on 12/11/15 8:18 am

Klonopin. Ask your doctor. Don't drive if you take it.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

sunshine-n-rainbowz8

on 12/13/15 7:32 pm

I am from Knox. I had the band back in 2006 and had it removed in 2011. I am having the sleeve on the 31st! So nervous!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 180 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 476 views