First day of puree!

LosinginAZ
on 2/3/16 5:40 pm

So I had my 2 week follow up today and got cleared for puree!

I rushed home and immediately made myself 2 ounces of egg beaters. They hit a little hard but tasted delicious. 

For dinner I had pureed chicken breast and it looked nasty but tasted delicious. 

Both meals were very very filling. Who knew 2 ounces could be so filling? 

I still have to make that ricotta cheese thing but does anyone else have an amazing puree recipe? 

Thanks!  

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

Sammy_85
on 2/3/16 6:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

You absolutely have to try Shelly's Ricotta Bake. I made it tonight and it was soooo good. I also like refried beans with shredded cheddar and Greek yogurt with sugar free Torani peach or strawberry syrup. Enjoy your purees!

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/3/16 6:38 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I don't know if I'd call it amazing but I am finding pickled egg yolks pretty yummy lately and I've been on a cream of tomato soup (health wise) with a spoonful of ricotta cheese kick. Meats, beans and shredded cheeses aren't part of my semi soft food phase but I've seen some posters liking refried beans with cheese or sour cream on top.

Eggface has a few great ideas on her blog -  http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html 

psychoticparrot
on 2/4/16 2:19 pm

If you like egg or tuna salad, just make a batch and whirl it to puree consistency. Tuna was my go-to puree.

Soft tofu with a bit of (seedless) fruit and a packet of Splenda makes a high-protein smoothie, but maybe you're sick of too much sweet by now. I know I was!

Whatever you do, don't try baby foods. They taste dreadful!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

LosinginAZ
on 2/4/16 2:38 pm

I will definitely avoid baby food :P 

Feeling better today?

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

psychoticparrot
on 2/4/16 2:51 pm

Yes, much better, thanks. Eating in Nicaragua is an adventure, in more ways than one!

psychoticparrot

Most Active