The wait for surgery

jmuehler1984
on 3/1/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 03/04/16

Did anyone feel like their wait for surgery began to drag? It feels like it starting to drag. My date has changed because of insurance and I am  bummed I was looking forward to starting to be on the loosers bench. Hope yalls time is going by faster than mine.

obioxiupa
on 3/1/16 1:32 pm

I'm finding the wait rather excruciating.  I did a 6 month supervised diet 18 months ago, my company then announced a change in insurance so I couldn't start the actual process with the surgeon, waited for the new insurance, started the process again hoping I could use the already completed 6 months, but my new insurance requires 6 continuous months of doctor supervised weight loss within 12 months of surgery, by the time I got through getting established in my new insurance, through the introductory stuff and referral to the surgeon with the new insurance it had been too long, and I had to start over with another 6month supervised diet...I'm in month 6 of the second 6 month stint.  It is getting so close it seems even worse.  And my Dr. won't schedule until I have a pproval, which is driving me crazy too....I wish I had a date I could be planning around.  It seems so frustrating that it could be sometime in the next three months....I'd like to stop scheduling commitments and really wish I knew the date.

Anyhow I'm sure it will be here soon, and it will seem in retrospect like it went fast but right now the process about has me crawling out of my skin with impatience.

cappy11448
on 3/1/16 4:37 pm

That must be so frustrating!  I know how eager I was to get started, and it only took 3.5 months for me to get to surgery and it seems like forever! 

Hang in there. Remember, you are already started on the process.  It'll be worth it in the end!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/2/16 2:47 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

So when is your new date?  Some tips to keep you busy.  Buy things like a food scale, small containers to keep your leftovers, your vitamins and protien powders so you can try them and make sure you like them.  Talk to those living with you about what to expect your dinner plate to look like so they can talk about any feelings they have about that.  talk about how holiday will change because of your food expectations, such as maybe you always make the sweet potatoes and you've realized that's not a good for you food and you want to think about what to bring this year.

Also this is a great time to clean out the pantry!  I had a friend come over this weekend and I sent her home with grocery bags full of pantry and freezer items that I did not want to be a temptation or I knew wouldn't be a possibility for a long time.  I go in 3-14 for my WLS and it's been a slow roll towards my date but the work I did and getting the shakes and bars has paid off because I have all that here and ready.  My husband made the very kind and helpful decision to do the preop diet with me so we're just eating the same thing and that's been really great. 

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views