public admission so I get back to basics

Anita
on 3/19/17 5:33 pm

Ok.....no hiding from the truth.......in the "old days," if I cheated (myself) and went off my eating plan, I didn't tell anyone and I fooled myself into thinking that if I didn't say it, it didn't happen.....NO MORE!!!

I ate potato chips and a small pastry......they were in front of me and I caved in to temptation. The good thing is that my stomach is rebelling and letting me know this was not my best move......and in truth, it didn't taste as good as I thought it would....so, that's a good thing!

So, tomorrow morning I am going back to basics and doing what I'm supposed to be doing.....I WILL NOT SABOTAGE MYSELF....I'VE COME TOO FAR TO GO BACKWARDS NOW!!!

There....I've said it, I've made it public....I AM ACCOUNTABLE!!

Thank you!

Seriously....being honest with myself is vital to my success and I'm not going to beat myself up over a lapse, but by being open with my support system will put me back on the right track.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Rachel B.
on 3/19/17 5:56 pm, edited 3/19/17 11:12 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

That'll be 2 Our Fathers and a Hail Mary!

(Don't ask me, I'm not Catholic)

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Anita
on 3/19/17 6:51 pm

LOL.......me either.....I'm a Jewish Mother, so I already feel guilty enough!

jachristmas
on 3/19/17 6:34 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

You got this!

Rachel B.
on 3/19/17 6:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

That's what I meant!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Anita
on 3/19/17 6:52 pm, edited 3/19/17 11:53 am

Thanks!!!! The support system keeps me honest and feeling safe.

Rachel B.
on 3/19/17 7:33 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

It's good to see you back, Anita.

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Anita
on 3/19/17 11:23 pm

LOL....I was never away....just mostly lurking for the past several weeks....went back to work after being out for 13 months and have been busy and tired.....but thanks for the welcome.....feels good!!!

Idreamofforeverhealthy
on 3/19/17 10:32 pm
VSG on 02/01/17

Anita,

I totally understand this post. Good job with being honest and not letting this throw you completely off kilter.

Rachel

I had a VSG 2/1/17.

Anita
on 3/19/17 11:27 pm

Thanks.....I was never honest with myself before.....always managed to tell myself that the one cookie (which always turned into 5) wouldn't hurt....well, maybe the one or two wouldn't hurt, but they always started a lapse into old habits. This time, I told myself to stop immediately and that I had to own up to it publicly in order to get my brain to recognize that this behavior can't work in my favor.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views