What foods are impossible for you to eat now?

Donna L.
on 4/26/17 5:52 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I can't eat anything dry, really. It has to be in broth or "moist." The one exception is bread. I suspect Harvey the Sleeve finds this amusing, however I could quite honestly probably eat an entire loaf of bread. I have absolutely zero restriction with it even nearly two years out, and I do my best to avoid it entirely for this reason.

I disliked chicken breasts before surgery, and now I hate them. I will eat them, but they always taste...slightly off? I'm not sure why.

I also hate eggs. Eggs made me horribly sick post-op, and I never liked them to start with. I can eat them in things, or a frittata, however scrambled eggs give me the willies to this day. Harvey is apparently anti-ovum. They are tolerable sous vide, or with a crapload of fat, however that adds too many calories to my day.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/17 2:02 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Is probably because I am still early out, but the thought of even putting bread in my makes me shudder. I have tried all sorts of low carb bready items and each one sits terrible. So, I just stopped trying, honestly I don't miss it that much. Only think I really miss is garlic bread sticks.

FuturePinUp
on 4/26/17 3:33 pm

I was a lucky one who had no issues with eating anything - at any point post-op. Though I never had a sweet tooth, I'm in the same camp of "sugary things taste disgustingly sugary" now. Sweet items I could tolerate pre-op are just cloyingly sweet to me now. Thanks, but no thanks!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active