Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 12/8/17

Ladyblu
on 12/8/17 3:05 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy happy Friday everyone! Well... the scale finally moved again this morning. 401! It was like my body was saying... nope... uh uh, not going below 400... not gonna happen. But this morning, I got on the scale and voila! I was down 2 pounds. My goal for next week is to see the 300's again. It will be the first time in over 10 years... I'm so emotional right now, I'm sitting here bawling like a baby. Geez. imagine what is going to happen when I see that 3 on the scale. I may have to take stock in Kleenex.

QOTD: What are your favorite holiday colors? Blue/white? Red/green? Burgundy/silver? Some other combination?

I have two sets of decorations. Traditional and Victorian. I'm partial to a Victorian Christmas. Burgandy, gold and silver. But this year we are traditional, green and red. Next year we might go the Victorian route, but it's a lot more work. The tree takes forever to decorate and we can't have the grandkids help because the ornaments are so delicate, so this year we went traditional.

M1: LO Stuffed pepper and eggbeaters

M2: Chicken meatball and homemade tomato sauce

M3: LO beef short ribs

M4: Fage, protein powder and SF pistachio pudding (I froze this yesterday and ate it like an ice cream treat... damn it was good!)

M5: Sous vide rib eye and carrot/pea/cheese/faro concoction

S: Jerky or a protein snack... depends on what of the above gets eaten

E: Cleaning and organizing.

Water and vits on track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Erin T.
on 12/8/17 3:19 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning. I'm off work today and hoping to do pretty much nothing all day. I need a day to recover my brain. Today my TrendWeight (linked in my signature) shows me as losing 0.0lbs for the first time. I guess this means I'm really in maintenance. I'm sure it will say that for no time at all before it shows me going one way or the other! But today, all is balanced in the world!

QOTD: All our decorations are red/green, but I barely decorate. We put up a tree which is a mish-mash of ornaments from our childhood trees, things we made as kids, and things our kids have made in the last 10 years. Our prettiest, most delicate ornaments came from the dollar store the first year we had a tree together! They have slowly been shoved out from the sheer volume of things the kids have made.

10 months post-op/Maintenance/ 132.0lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg and Cheese

M3: TBD

M4: TBD, but I think Tilapia?

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: If the roads are clear I'll go for a 2-mile run with my husband this morning.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

mmsmom
on 12/8/17 3:28 am - Woburn, MA

Working at home today - yipee, 2 hours of my life back! However, I still wake up at 5 and start working at 6 instead of driving haha. It makes up for the time I'm goofing off and doing laundry. Also at home by 3, I'm mentally done, so it all evens out.

QOTD: before children, we used to have a "trim a tree" party and all our friends brought an ornament unique to them. So after several years, our tree has all different ornaments which remind us of all our friends and family, past and present.

B: cheerios

L: going out to my husband's favorite restaurant (Italian), probably a shrimp dish

D: lunch leftovers - the portions are huge

E: will walk the pooches

L/V: will make an effort

VSG on 04/28/2014

Acedding27
on 12/8/17 3:55 am
VSG on 12/14/17

Good morning! I PAID for my surgery yesterday!

I feel so blessed that my insurance approved it and that I only had to pay 20%. My DW saved over half of It from her extra job so I'm feeling particularly grateful right now. 6 days to go until the big day!

QOTD: I'm eccentric in my tastes, so we have a mish mash of older ornaments, dollar store ornaments, homemade ornaments, etc. We've never really followed a color scheme. If we did, I think I'd want something funky but simple....green/gold, pink/silver, etc.

B: premier protein chocolate

L: lean gnc shake rich chocolate

S: half a quest protein shake

D: vegan protein broth and half a quest protein shake

Total calories: 490 protein: 88g

I just saw that sugar free popsicles are on my list of clear liquids, so I'm definitely getting some of those today! Have a good day!

Gwen M.
on 12/8/17 6:51 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Woo paying for surgery!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NoraM13
on 12/8/17 4:16 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Good morning!

QOTD - I like to use natural elements in my decorating, and I change things up frequently. This year I used a lot of dried orange slices and cranberries with white lights. There's no style to our tree - white lights, silver bead garland, and sentimental ornaments.

B - latte, cottage cheese

L - shrimp

S - protein shake

D - maybe soup?

E - core workout

Water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/8/17 10:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That sounds really beautiful. Picture at some point?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

SallyCat
on 12/8/17 5:49 am
VSG on 10/17/16

That 3 is right around the corner and before you know it, it will be a 2. You are doing so great!

QOTD: I don't have a favorite combo. My tree is many colors and I love it that way. I have collected ornaments for years. My tree is mostly a combo of beautiful delicate shiny ornaments and rustic ornaments. It gives me a lot of joy. Below is my newest acquisition that arrived yesterday. This isn't my tree -- picture from somebody on Amazon, but it looks just like this. Love my jellyfish.

B: yogurt and coffee

L: chicken and spinach salad

D: salmon and green beans

S: cheese and jerky

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Gwen M.
on 12/8/17 6:21 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on getting closer to that new first number! I definitely cried when I hit 199. It was way more emotional than I thought it would be. But, for what it's worth, I feel like I stalled before every single one of my mini goals :P It was super annoying.

I might get out of the house today and DRIVE. I haven't done this since surgery, so it'll be an adventure. But I sort of want to get an allergy shot and drop my prescription off at the pharmacy. The only post-op medication I'm still taking is valium for bed and last night I only took 1.25mg. Plus I can put my underwear on all by myself. So I think I've got the brain and the mobility to be able to drive now.

QOTD: I love them all. I love color. There should be more purple in the holidays, though ;) Oh, and my mom's high school class animal was a penguin so she and her bff exchange penguins gifts every year for the holidays. As a result... there's a lot of penguin stuff in our house. :D

1: protein shake
2: unsure what's in the fridge and how old certain things are... if there's brisket left, I'll go with that
3: speaking of brisket... I've got a 25-hour brisket going in the sous vide right now so dinner is brisket, a sauce from wine, mushrooms, and mustard; and roasted brussels
4: second protein shake to make my surgeon happy

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Keith L.
on 12/8/17 6:38 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

QOTD: I'm a dude!

B: Over easy egg over a left over burger from last night and coffee

S: Greek Yogurt

L: Probably more left over burger although they were not very good, just don't want to waste

S: Nuts

D: Not sure, we are going to see POTUS speak so probably steak and salad whereever we go after

S: Protein Peanut Butter

W: Need to hit it hard today as I was a bit off the rest of the week drinking more coffee than anything.

E: Its been rainy and cold so I have been lazy this week, need to do something probably a couple miles on my sucky ass treadmill. Not a fan of that thing.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 253 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views