Can't Do This Anymore

esuazo
on 12/18/17 3:11 pm

I am 21 years old and have been over weight my entire life. I have been dieting since I can remember and I just can no longer do it anymore. I am 5'3 1/2 and currently weight 242. I have tried probably EVERY diet you and I can both think of and always would lose 5- 10 pounds very slowly and always put it back on. I am just so tired and frustrated about having to live my every day life worrying EVERY SINGLE DAY about my weight, and feeling sick, tired, stressed, and hating how I look. Don't get me wrong, I love myself and is why I have tried all diets, because I want to be the healthiest I can be and maybe one day not have to center each and every day on being obese and hurting, but I just can't do it anymore. My goal was to become a police officer by last year and unfortunately had to deffer because my bmi was just to high and basically got the "try next year" from everyone, including the person *****viewed my application, which said was perfect except for my weight. I have differed to this year summer, which I don't even think I will be able to do because I have just gained even more weight and now weigh way more than last year. So currently I have taken my first step into finding a surgeon in my area that takes medicaid (which was a pain) and now need to see my PCP for a referral apparently. I am new to all of this and just want to be healthy :( Not being able to finally start my career because of my weight has put me in a big hole and just stressed and sad. That is all. Hello everyone.

Bufflehead
on 12/18/17 3:33 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

It's great to see someone like you getting off the diet treadmill at a relatively young age! You have your whole life in front of you (sorry for the cliche but it is true). I wish I could have come to my senses in my early 20's instead of continuing to struggle with "diet and exercise" and just ending up heavier every year.

Don't be fooled -- after the initial several months, you will have to work hard to keep losing weight and to maintain your weight loss. Use those first months to really get into the healthy habits that will carry you through the rest of your life. Good luck -- it definitely sounds to me like you are moving forward on a great path.

esuazo
on 1/22/18 3:39 pm

Thank you! Yes, I am very serious about getting on the right path and getting healthy! :)

White Dove
on 12/19/17 6:02 am - Warren, OH

Find out if you will still be accepted for that police force if you have weight loss surgery. It is considered a pre-existing condition and will keep you out of the military and disqualify you for some jobs.

Don't have surgery without at least a six month program of diet and exercise to prepare for the procedure. A responsible surgeon will insist on that.

Research thoroughly and understand what you are getting into. This is a permanent change to your body and there is a risk of complications.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

esuazo
on 1/22/18 3:40 pm

Yes, for sure to everything you have mentioned. Thanks :)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/19/17 7:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Loving yourself is a great reason to have surgery!

I agree with White Dove, check with the recruitment department to see if WLS is going to be a physical disqualifier. Sad, but it's the case for the military for sure.

There are lots of things you can do to start getting ready for surgery. Practice eating a protein-forward diet and work on not drinking until 30 minutes after you eat. Get some sort of regular exercise, even just walking, and start tracking your food using something like MyFitnessPal.

Good luck!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

jacreasy
on 1/15/18 1:23 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

At such a young age good for you for taking the next step, I often wonder about my daughter shes your height and weighs about 203. She has seen my struggle and been there throughout the past 6 years of post op surgery and still doesn't seem to care. Do your research and if you are at peace with your decision you will be just fine. Im dealing with regain it is a daily struggle and the VSG is a TOOL. If you use that tool the way it is suppose to be used and follow Dr orders you will lose weight. However if you go back to old habits like I have it will creep up. Im trying to find whats right for me right now and begin my journey to losing the 35-40 lbs that I gained since 2015.

Ill be 6 yrs PO in April 2018 Somehow I lost a year bc I was thinking it was 5 lol. I was going to the gym 6 days a week for 3.5 years had surgery on my knee in 2015 couldn't go for 5 months and lost all motivation. I know what I need to do but cant seem to do it. I fail pretty much everyday. I could give advice all day but doing it myself seems so hard right now. My clothes are tight and I dont like the feeling. I need to go back to basics and probably go to support group as well. Do you track macros? That would be a start so you can see what you are consuming. Right now post op I try to stay at 1100 cal, under 50 fat, 80+ protein, 2300 sod, less that 160 carbs which probably seems like a lot after surgery. I do eat a lot of fruit and veggies but added starchy bad carbs as well. I just need to find something that works or Im going to weigh 346 lbs again. I will NOT let that happen so Ive got to fix that now. WE CAN DO IT!!! Good Luck and soon you will be on the Loser Bench!! :)

Jen

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

esuazo
on 1/22/18 3:40 pm

Wow, interesting. You can do this! and thank u :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views