Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 4/11/2018

Ladyblu
on 4/11/18 2:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy Wednesday, we are now halfway to the weekend! So, I finally finished my resume yesterday and forwarded it to my 3 best friends for review. That was a major milestone for me and it feels like a terrible weight has been lifted.

QOTD: Cell phone, take it or leave it or can't live without it?

I would have to say can't live without it. It is my alarm clock, calendar and watch. I use it to track my food, play games, keep an eye on my email, and track my crochet projects. I use it to take pictures, read books, turn the lights on and off in my house and control my thermostat. It helps me keep in touch with family and friends and navigate to anywhere. I don't go anywhere without it. So I would say I'm a pretty hardcore cell phone addict.

Meal 1: Coffee, PP protein shake

Meal 2: Egg and LO Pork Roast

Meal 3: Fage 0% with PB Powder

Meal 4: Sous vide ribs finished in the oven, Mexican street corn on the cob and cole slaw for the family (I will have a smidge) (Ended up not having this again last night, I got too tired so we ate left overs.)

Snack: Tea with stevia. Protein drink if needed.

Water and Vits: On track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/11/18 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning Ladyblu and all VSGers! Congratulations on getting your resume done. That's a great step forward (and never easy to accomplish for any of us). I can't say I miss having to update mine. A guy here tried to pick up one of my friends by giving her a resume of his past work experiences (he is retired now)! I guess he thought it would impress her into going out with him (or make her think he had a lot of money)?

QOTD: Yes, My cellphone has become critical over time. My calendar, reminders, to-do lists, food tracking, email, texting, you name it. Even tracking DH (find my iPhone).

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Shrimp

D: Crustless quiche

S: Yogurt and/or mozzarella/prosciutto sticks

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

AnnieG522
on 4/11/18 5:39 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: Cell phone, take it or leave it or can't live without it? I'd like to say leave it; however, my adult children (oxymoron) keep incredibly in touch with texting; our landline had become a nightmare of robocall and solicitation, despite the NoCallList. Being OCD, I do keep a manual calendar and hand written address book -- in case the world crashes. But without internet and phone, how would I know, lol.

Meal 1: Coffee PP protein Shake

Meal 2: 2 lean Canadian bacon, 1/4 low fat waffle

Meal 3: Turkey slices with low fat cottage cheese

Snack: Oikos Triple Zero

Meal 4: Probably apple-chicken sausage with saurkraut

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

jrrtubbs1
on 4/11/18 7:01 am

B: 3/4 cup special K Protein, 1.5 oz sausage, 1 oz extra sharp cheddar

L: 3.5 oz pork steak, 1/4 cup mac and cheese

D: 3.5 oz pulled pork, 1.5 oz sriracha cheddar

Potential snacks if needed: apple, .5 oz smartfood popcorn, power crunch bar

I hate being without my cellphone for numerous reasons.

mmsmom
on 4/11/18 7:18 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Wednesday. This is a long week already! Congrats on the resume - now good luck finding a job :D

QOTD: I have my phone on and with me 90% of the time. I think when my daughter was at college and my son was at the age when he was in trouble ALL the time, I kept it close - just in case. Now I'm afraid to turn it off at night that someone will need to reach me - even tho it hasn't happened yet. Sometimes at work I go off without it and inevitably someone calls while I'm gone. I've grown to use it for more things - like alarm, calendar etc. I also am on the Do not call list - which means nothing, they still call. I have turned off the ringer on my house phone and depend only on the answering machine.

B: english muffin and 1/2 a donut : /

L: leftover thai

D: God only knows!

E: it is actually not that bad here today so I'm planning on walking

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kjnelson
on 4/11/18 7:28 am - AK
VSG on 10/11/17

Good Morning

QOTD: I am addicted to electronics. Phone and iPad with me at all times.

B- Premier Protein shake.

L- salad with chicken, apple and cranberries, blue cheese and poppy seed dressing

D- chicken breast and bell pepper

S- baby bell cheese, cottage cheese

HW: 285. SW: 269. CW: 225

VSG on 10/11/2017

Not going to quit on myself.

Jess Says Yes
on 4/11/18 7:54 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Morning all! And congrats on finishing the resume Ladyblu, that's wonderful!

Wednesday is my 12 hour day, so I am just getting started.

QOTD: I love my phone and use it for so much, but I am also in an out of corrections institutions all day where I am not allowed to bring it so I've gotten very used to being without it. In fact I forgot it at home yesterday and the only reason I cared was food and mileage tracking!

B - Protein shake

L - Mediterranean turkey wrap from Jason's

D - Mahi Mahi fish taco with cilantro slaw

s - a few roasted almonds

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/18 9:23 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. Am off for a day, they were over staffed so I called in. I needed to go back to sleep in sleep in though, definitely. I slept until almost 9 which is really late for me!

QOTD: Don't even need to think about it. I couldn't live without my cell phone.

Breakfast- Protein toast with Greek, whipped cream cheese and a sunny side up egg on top of it all

Snack- A little over half of a Chobani plain greek cup, babybel cheese sliced into thirds and deli ham wrapped around the pieces.

Lunch- Tyson fully cooked chicken breast tenderloins with the rest of the Chobani mixed with some sriracha for a dip.

Dinner- Shredded chicken breast with fajita tortilla

Totals- 727 calories, 33 carbs, 98g protein

Kristi T.
on 4/11/18 9:43 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Congratulations Ladyblu on finishing the resume, you did it!! I have a feeling that perfect job where you are appreciated is just around the corner!!

The sun is out today, finally! I got my hair cut short yesterday, oh my. I haven't had short hair for about 20 years. It's an asymmetrical cut, the back is very short but one side is a bit long and the other side is cut to go behind my ear. I have been thinking about getting it cut for a long time, it started falling out again about 3 months ago and was getting so thin anyway. It will take some time getting used to it. Hair can be a safety blanket in a lot of ways:-)

QOTD-I have anxiety when it comes to the phone. Making and answering phone calls has always been a problem for me. Texting is easier and less stressful, so I like my cell phone for that reason. I could live without it. Now my ipad, that's another thing!

B-Sesame Ezekiel toast w/1tbsp almond butter

L-scrambled eggs w/bacon pieces

S-chai tea with cream & stevia

D-Spaghetti(no pasta) and chopped Cesar salad

E-Walk the dog

Have a great day everyone!

Ladyblu
on 4/12/18 4:52 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

I sympathize about the hair. I just got mine cut short for the first time in 50 years. I've never had short hair (at least not since I was in kindergarten). But it was getting so thin on top that it was looking horrible. Now I have short hair (very short in the back and a part on the side. It actually looks ok. A lot more maintenance though as I can't just comb and go.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views