Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, 8/22/2018

Gwen M.
on 8/22/18 5:35 am, edited 8/22/18 5:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Wednesday!

Today is not going as planned for me so far. I've been fighting off a cold the last few days and yesterday I started having a little pain in my lower right back. This morning both of these things didn't feel so hot so I'm taking it easy. I need to go run, but I'll play it by ear based on how I'm feeling. I'm going on vacation tomorrow and really don't want to be unwell for that.

Otherwise, I've got school work planned for the day. And laundry and packing!

QOTD: If you had to be obsessed with money, sex, sports, religion, or food, which would you choose? (I.e., you've got to pick one.)

1: protein shake
2: leftover sous vide smoked chuck roast
3: italian ziti bake (Lance requested I make something with pasta for him to have leftovers of while I'm out of town. It's so rare that I make a pasta casserole these days!)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga so far

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/22/18 5:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope you feel well enough for your run Gwen. When I used to run sometimes I felt like it helped shake things off so I hated missing it.

QOTD: One, huh? Sports I guess. Of them all, I think that would be the healthiest and most social?

2 Years, 4.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 20.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: some kind of fish (going out again)

S: nut thins and cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 8/22/18 5:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I feel like, of all of them, sports is probably the most socially accepted obsession as well. And... it's seasonal, so maybe not as debilitating as the others!

And thanks for the well wishes! It's frustrating to have to miss a training day when I've only got 24 days until my race.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Gwen M.
on 8/22/18 6:04 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: Hm. So initially I was thinking that I'd go with sports because I think it's the most socially accepted of the bunch. There are tons of sports-obsessed people and it's no big deal. Plus it's seasonal normally. Then I thought about the sport I'd pick and really the only one I care about is tennis and OMG tennis is on ALL THE TIME. As evidenced by my visits to my mom when it seems like there's always some tournament going on. (She loves the DVR and the tennis channel - yay!)

I've already done the food obsession thing and we all know how that goes. I feel like sex obsession would be distracting and I don't make enough money to be obsessed with it. ;) Then I thought about religion and had an epiphany. Oh, wait, I'm Quaker. That's an awesome and non-annoying religion to be obsessed with! So I'll choose religion and be the only Quaker-obsessed person in the world :D

Jess Says Yes
on 8/22/18 7:36 am, edited 8/22/18 12:37 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi guys! Sorry you're not feeling well Gwen, I hope it turns around for you quickly.

The Beyonce & Jay Z show was incredible! Soooo fun. We didn't get home until after 2am and I am only 2 hours in to my 12 hour work day today, so prayers would be appreciated haha.

QOTD: Sports for sure. I feel like being obsessed with sex might be fun for Nick for a few weeks but it would eventually be a real problem. I already love football and I kind of envy how much Nick knows and understands about sports because I definitely have limits. Football is something my dad and I share so since it's special to me I'd go all in there!

B - coffee & protein

L - shrimp sandwich and slaw

D - tbd

E - rest day!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Teresa G.
on 8/22/18 7:53 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning Sleevers!

Well, I'm on the road...surprisingly, it's less smoky over on this side of the mountains than it is on the west side! My food was sucky yesterday....I'd only had a protein shake (sipped on that and my protein-fortified coffee nearly the entire 5 hour drive) and by 5pm I was done with my outreach, settled into my room and decided to go to Target to get a charger cord since the one I brought for my kindle was toast. While I was there I suddenly got the most Godawful feeling...I didn't know if I was having a heart attack or what, but I came back to my hotel asap and ate something. Felt better almost immediately. I guess I've never gone that long without eating. So I over-compensated by grazing the rest of the night and went way over my calorie goal (again!). About 8:00 I realized that I'd forgotten a table for the outside "music in the park" event I'm doing tonight, so I went to Walmart and grabbed one ($19!) Then I came back and grazed some more. I brought all my own food, so at least it's good stuff.

I'm hopefully planning better today although I'm going to be an hour away from here for 4 different presentations, then coming back and doing the outside event from 4 - 8:30.

QOTD: If you had to be obsessed with money, sex, sports, religion, or food, which would you choose? (I.e., you've got to pick one.) Yikes. This is a tough one. If I were obsessed with money maybe I'd be a better manager and thus have a better nest egg for retirement. If I were obsessed with sex, I'm sure my husband would appreciate it! LOL Sports - yuck. The only sports I will really watch are gymnastics and ice skating. Though I have watched hockey a few times and it looks a slightly interesting. Religion...I have a very deep and personal faith, but I don't like what obsession can do to it. So there's food. Maybe that's the one I'd choose. As long as it was only very, very good food, well worth the 2 or 3 bites I'd be able to enjoy. I'd want to be obsessed like Padma (Master Chef) or Giada...they basically just taste. That's what I'd want!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/18 6:11 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Just a quick check in. Spent the day down at the lake of the ozarks. Went jet skiing for the first time ever, took a fun, relaxing boat ride, visited with family and ate delicious Mexican food.

Breakfast- chicken sausage, danon light and fit Greek, amazing grass

Lunch-Cheese stick, cottage cheese

Dinner- mushroom quesadillas with a side of pinto beans

snack- protein shake

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views