New job, New motivation and renewed weight loss!

Kara D.
on 10/13/18 12:54 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I started working at Planet Fitness at the end of July, since that time I've lost 10 pounds! It's helped me because I've added another workout to my week. Or at least 3 out of 4 weeks a month. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it has helped. I've lost 5-6 pounds in the last 4-5 weeks. That was what I was averaging when I initially started post-op. I'm going to work on going low carb. I've never done that, I've always gone with high protein and low calories, but never low carbs intentionally. This will be a new challenge. I'm also going to work on my pop intake. I know carbonated drinks are bad, I've just let myself get back in them. I am drinking diet, but that's still bad for me.

I gained 33 pounds back in 2017. Most of it coming from November to February. I've lost 23 of it so far. My goal is to be below 200 by February 2019. That's 8 pounds in 4 months, very doable.

I just wanted to share my renewed success and attitude, the last few posts were much more negative and while ago. Time to rely on the group to help me stay on track!

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/18 2:29 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Welcome back and grats on your job! I love Planet Fitness and have the black card membership. The club is modern and clean and I get access to the massage room with my membership. Hydro-lounger? Yes please!

Stick around with us cool kids on the board, post your menu on our menu thread, we love new people to join in!

AnnieG522
on 10/13/18 6:34 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Planet Fitness is a great place. I've yet to start back since my sleeve, but need to. You're inspiring me. I find when I have too many carbs, I don't gain as long as calories are static, but I "bloat". Not pretty.

Also, carbonated -- I thought they were verboten after sleeve? I mindlessly grabbed a selzer water at my daughter's, and one swallow and my stomach went berserk.

Glad you are back on track! We'll be excited to follow your journey :)

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Kara D.
on 10/13/18 7:33 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Carbonated beverages are in the forbidden list from my surgeon. However, I didn't follow directions on that point as well. I'm working on cutting back, I have too, I worked to hard to blow it over pop.

In my carb reduction kick, I had a low carb breakfast, (16g), but as a snack I had a pita pocket turkey sausage breakfast sandwich, probably not as low carb. I'm at half my daily goal I set already. Going low carb will be a challenge for me, I'm up for it, but it's going to take some concentrated effort.

Kara D.
on 10/13/18 7:43 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I started back at the gym with cardio as soon as a month post- op I think. I was slow moving, but it helped me stay focused. At first 30 minutes and 1 mile or a little more was an accomplishment. Now at the park, I'm walking 4.5 miles in 68 minutes. I need to add back in my strength work out. I'm great with cardio, but I want the extra calorie burn from weight training.

Planet Fitness is great, I joined about 6 months before my surgery to get started. Now that I work there, I can see my picture that was taken in December 2014, there is a huge difference in my face! Take advantage of the fitness trainer at your PF. He or she can set you up with a plan get you to your goal and help you maintain. Our guy tells members when they are there to grab him if he's not in a class and he'll help them with any thing they need.

Start back slow, you'll feel great accomplishment as you get faster and farther in the time frame!

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/18 11:20 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Most say to limit carbonation due to possible discomfort. I drink sparkling water and carbonated energy drinks all the time though.

NYMom222
on 10/13/18 6:46 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations on the renewed weigh loss.

Carbonated beverages aren't inherently 'bad' they have no moral value. They aren't inherently healthy either so they shouldn't be your only beverage.

My surgeon used to go with soda was on the forbidden list.. He changed that two years ago to 6 months after attending a Bariatric Medical Conference where they discussed there was no medical evidence for it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Kara D.
on 10/14/18 3:00 am
VSG on 03/02/15

carbonated beverages aren't my only drink. I usually have 12-15 8 ounce glasses a day. When I do have pop, its usually only about 12-20 ounces a day. I've seen studies about the carbonation not being as bad for you, it probably is a personal preference. It doesn't upset my stomach or cause unwanted gas or bloating.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views