VSG to DS

B. Jones
on 3/2/19 10:48 am

Asking for a friend?

Actually my sister :) Her starting weight 400 lbs current weight 300 lbs. She's lost about 100 lbs with the sleeve after 1 year, but stopped cold after about 6 months, has just maintained since. It's like it's just stopped, would like to lose another 100. She's a cancer survivor and has an autoimmune disease, thinking is this might be some (not all) of the problem.

Has anyone done a sleeve to DS and what kind of results did you see? She has a appointment next week with a different surgeon who does only DS. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/2/19 4:47 pm

Some people need more than restriction to lose weight.

But - please make sure that the doc who would do the DS is really going to do DS. There are some docs who make "is just like DS" surgeries but the patient really gets something else like distal RNY , or "revised DS" i.e SADI . Post the question on the DS forum and ask if the doc your sister plan to see if a real, experienced DS surgeon. There are too many horror stories with people dieing or close to death after being butchered by not really good surgeons.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Valerie G.
on 3/2/19 6:23 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Girl, I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for posting this on the DS board. I answered over there.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

B. Jones
on 3/3/19 10:41 am

Appreciate the advice, we're going to see Dr. Gary Anthone in Omaha, Ne. He did our mom's DS 6 1/2 years ago and she's done great with it. We have a lot of confidence with him, and have heard him speak a few times. Just being self pay (like a lot of folks on here) I suppose we both would have had a DS by now just the cost. But what good is a 401K if your not around to use it.

Thanks

diane S.
on 3/8/19 12:22 pm

Dr. Anthone is great or so I hear. His partner did my brother's VSG and he had super good results. They know what they are doing. ds

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views