allbygrace’s Posts

allbygrace
on 1/2/19 7:17 pm
Topic: RE: How do ya'll lose a pound a week?

I am in the process of trying to get 30 lbs of regained weight back off. I had went back to my dietician today, showed her my food log for the last month. I am eating between 1000-1100 calories a day.... usually around 1050. I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week but I was told that would be hard to do. I was told if I kept eating this calorie range (the range she suggested) and did no exercise, I would remain at the same weight. She said I would have to do 200 minutes of exercise a week to lose ONE pound! I just had a shot put in my knee and ankle for my moderate arthritis pain. This has helped. I was able to do my elliptical for 30 minutes today. 200 minutes a week is a lot of work to lose only 4 lbs a week!!

Just curious on those trying to lose regained weight after surgery, how many calories and how much exercise are you doing per week? How much are you losing per week? I know everyone is different. I am 61 also. Any suggestions? Thanks!! I love this support group! :)

allbygrace
on 12/24/18 7:35 am
Topic: RE: Ankle Replacement Anyone??

Thank you for responding. I am so sorry your husband's surgery did not work. Just curious, did the doctor know your husband had torn muscles and ligaments before doing the fusion? Can he have a total ankle replacement or is that the same procedure as a fusion? Thank you again. I will do lots of research. I kept ice on it all day with my ankle elevated and took several tylenoyl for arthritis pills. I can walk today but I know I can't stay on my feet for a long period of time.

allbygrace
on 12/23/18 8:59 am
Topic: RE: Ankle Replacement Anyone??

I have had severe arthritis in my ankle for about ten years. I have done ankle exercises, walking and stretching exercises for it. I have had ankle wraps and even wore a boot to support my foot. I have had shots in my ankle at least every six months. The last time I had shots, the pain came back within two months. I take tylenol for arthritis twice a day. Yesterday, I stayed on my feet all day and today I am suffering with this ankle. I am keeping ice on it several times a day, staying off my feet today. I am so tired of this ankle drama! lol I want to be able to walk all day without paying for it the next day. (I am 61 years old.) Has anyone out there had an ankle replacement? This is my last resort and I am scared of doing it! I haven't talked to my doctor yet about it, going after Christmas to get a couple of shots in it. Can anyone tell me about the effects of having an ankle replacement? Thanks in advance!

allbygrace
on 12/23/18 8:47 am
Topic: RE: Strange feeling

WOW! As I was reading your post I was thinking "dehydration". Maybe your lab work will give you some insight. Wishing you the best!

allbygrace
on 12/22/18 4:25 pm
Topic: RE: Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 12/22/2018

Merry Christmas everyone!! Busy day, making gingerbread cookies and decorating cookies for the first time using royal icing. Looked easy on youtube but with my lack of vision, it was HARD but FUN! The grandkids will like eating them. (I managed to avoid tasting them :) Got my lab test back yesterday. I was afraid to face the results after gaining close to 40 lbs in the last 2 1/2 years but they turned out great! So happy!

B: protein drink

S: apple, greek yogurt

L: chicken, veggies

S: apple, yogurt

S: salmon, veggies

Water & vitamins: checked

Ex: 30 min.

allbygrace
on 12/20/18 7:04 pm
Topic: RE: Oatmeal Ideas?

Trying to find ways to fix regular oatmeal. Does anyone add yogurt to their's? Need some recipe ideas. I'm craving some oatmeal. :) Thanks!

allbygrace
on 12/20/18 5:59 am
Topic: RE: Long-term Sleevers, do you calorie count?

I am 4 years out. Here is what can happen if you "don't count" calories or weigh yourself daily. My story.... the first two years, I wrote everything down. I ate basically the same thing every day so I thought , I don't need to count the calories. Then I started grazing thru out the day. I was paying attention to when I ate last. When I became bored, I grazed. My clothes felt the same so I thought I was doing ok. I weighed at that point , gained 5 lbs, thinking no problem, I can get that off. I stayed away from sweets but still grazing. In the last two years my father passed away unexpectedly and I had to quit by teaching job due to legal blindness. This put me in a deep depression. (Sorry for so much info, just trying to help someone here) My husband always fixed what he wanted to eat. I would eat whatever he had and made bad choices,,,, bad carbs and some sweets. I never weighed myself either. I finally got out of the depression and finally in the last month decided to take care of myself after gaining 40 lbs! I started back on my journey on Dec 1st. I am going to my doctor today and getting some blood work done to see what damage I have done in the last two years. So,,,,, my advice to you as you start off on this journey, "always" write down your calories and weigh yourself "every" day even when you reach your goal. Good luck and congratulations!! Pray for me. :)

allbygrace
on 12/18/18 8:29 am
Topic: RE: Curious Questions ....

Thank you so much for your input! So helpful! The reason I try to stay away from caffeine, it tends to make my arthritis pain worse. That's just the way it affects my body. (ugh) Thanks again!

allbygrace
on 12/17/18 8:20 pm
Topic: RE: Pain in stomach few hours after eating

I remember having sharp pains months after surgery. My doctor told me it was my stomach stitches healing and it would take several months for it to heal. Sure enough it went away. Also, I ate 5 meals a day after surgery. Talk to your doctor. Hope you get some relief. :)

allbygrace
on 12/17/18 8:15 pm
Topic: RE: Need a medical excuse! I have surgery scheduled soon! in the

For the nosy people who insist on knowing..... maybe just say, "female problems"? :)

allbygrace
on 12/17/18 1:53 pm

How much MCT oil do you use in your 8 oz drink? I have chronic arthritis pain, hard for me to do a lot of walking.... hoping this will help. I am thinking of putting it in my hot protein drink I have every morning. I think I may need to stay away from caffeine for now but I sure love my cappuccino coffee (k cup)! Which MCT oil do you use? I saw several kinds on amazon. Thanks for letting me know about this oil. Hoping it will give me more energy as well. :)

allbygrace
on 12/17/18 9:34 am

Thank you so much for your input and suggestions. I watched the video.... made things so clear for me especially the part of eating lots of quality vegetables instead of smaller amounts of food. Also, the part on exercise where I should focus on high intensity instead of long periods of low intensity. This makes sense and I will have to work up to that point. Thank you again!!

allbygrace
on 12/16/18 4:25 pm

On Dec. 1st, I started back on track of trying to lose 40 lbs of regained weight. I have gone through some tough times in the last 2 1/2 years but I'm on track today. :) I have been looking at some of the post on here and have a few curious questions?

1. Do you all eat vegetables with your lunch and dinner or do you just eat meat?
  2. How many calories are you taking in while still trying to lose weight? I'm 5'3'' and 61 years old. I'm wondering if 1200 is too much for me?
  3. What is bullet coffee? I noticed some of you drink this. :)
  4. What is Fage?
  5. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could drink that is hot, no caffeine, low in calorie? Thank you so much for your input and suggestions.
allbygrace
on 5/22/17 6:03 pm
Topic: RE: Need Help Please!

Thank you for the input. I weighed my food tonite for my lunch tomorrow. Chicken and broccoli and yogurt for snack and a protein shake for breakfast. Now,,, I need to focus on the water intake. "If" I ever get this back off, I am going to try by best not to regain this again. Thanks again!

allbygrace
on 5/22/17 3:05 pm
Topic: RE: Need Help Please!

I had vertical sleeve surgery in Dec of 2014. I started at my highest weight of 235 and lost down to 140. I have gained up to 163. I need help on getting this weight back off. I know I need to up my water, exercise. My problem is I hate vegetables. I have been eating "when" and "what" I wanted for the last 3-4 months and now I'm in trouble. I need help on where to get started (portion size and what to eat). Please do not give me bad comments. It was VERY hard for me to join this group. I need ideas and support. I hate what I have done by gaining this weight. Is it possible to get 25 lbs back off? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views